Track 5 - Interlude: Moving On

(its the inevitable, the storm chapter in all hamilton fics
also, pls read the a/n at the end

TW!!! PANIC ATTACK/SENSORY OVERLOAD, CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT, I CALLED IT A SENSORY OVERLOAD/MELTDOWN)

Let 'em have their time
Sit back and let 'em shine
Let 'em rise and rise
'Cause one day they're gonna fall

Hamilton's POV

I laid in my bed, just taking in the silence. Then the most dreaded sound came. A thunderclap. I jumped and pulled the blanket up to my face. Tears already started pooling in my eyes as I heard the rain start pattering against the window.

I curled myself into a small ball and let out soft sobs. The rain started coming down harder and I cried even more. So many memories clogged my head. The only person who could comfort me was across the hall, so I tried standing up when another clap of thunder made me fall to the floor. I heard the door to my room open, but I didn't bother to look at who it was. I sobbed harder as more thunder came. I felt a gentle hand rest on my shoulder.

"J-John?" I asked. It was all I could muster out. More thunder clapped and my breathing quickened. So many memories of people dying, drowning.

"Ple-Ple-Please, don't let me die, please," I said to whoever was behind me. My fingers immediately started playing with my hoodie strings and my vision started to get spotty. It went dark then quiet.

3rd person POV

Thomas didn't know what to do when Alexander passed out on his lap. Then he realized that it was because he had a sensory meltdown. One of Thomas's brothers was sensory sensitive and often didn't like flashes of bright lights. He remembered bringing his brother to a high school party where there were strobe lights. His brother immediately started freaking out and that's when Thomas started looking up details of sensory overloads. He figured out that the loud noises and amount of people were just leading it up to the meltdown. The strobe lights were just the final straw.

Thomas got up and put Alexander on his bed. He quickly left the room to find John to figure out what just happened.

Thomas walked across the hall, knocking on John and Lafayette's door. The first person to answer was Lafayette.

"Bon- Oh, c'est toi, what do you want, Jefferson?" Lafayette said.

"Uh, is Laurens here? I need to-" Lafayette cut Thomas off.

"Oui, he is here, but why should I bring him out to you?" Lafayette said, crossing his arms.

"Well, it has to do with Hamilton and Hamilton asked about John," Thomas said, standing over the shorter Frenchman. (historical heights, laf is 6' and jefferson is like 6'2)

"IS ALEX OKAY? LAF, MOVE OVER, I NEED TO GET TO MY BEST FRIEND! I FORGOT ABOUT THE STORM!" John yelled, rushing to the door.

"Well then, uh, I guess we should go," Thomas said, shocked at John's sudden appearance. Thomas and John walked across the hall and went into Thomas and Alexander's dorm.

"So, where is he? He better not be dead," John said, looking around. Thomas grew an uncomfortable look and led John to Alexander's room. The storm had calmed down and passed over their area.

"He passed out from hyperventilating and I'm not sure what brought it on," Thomas said. Truth be told, he did know that it was a sensory meltdown, but he didn't know the exact triggers.

"Poor Alex..." John said, sitting on the bed, checking Alexander's pulse and breathing just to be safe.

"He looked pretty terrified before he passed out, do you know what it might've been?" Thomas said, looking at the two men.

"The storm, I should've come when it began," John said, moving his hand to finger comb Alexander's hair. Thomas nodded and left them alone, not really sure what to do.

(WC: 650)

so i started online school last thursday (4.13.20) so im moving updates to saturdays so i dont have to worry about forgetting them during classes, sorry if this scared you <3