Ren is confused

There was a lot to process, and Ren didn't have much time to process anything before Mumbo passed him a few papers. 

For one, he'd just learned that Xisuma, Stress and Grian weren't themselves anymore? And were supposedly being puppeted by these weird shadow entities? 

That was really weird. 

Not to mention that Grian (or Heidi/Kady. Ren couldn't remember which one of them it was) had tortured Mumbo and Doc? Mumbo had even shown them the scar to prove it? 

Ren had decided to not even ask about False being blackmailed yet. He wanted to understand the basics of Mumbo and Doc's situation, and then he'd get onto asking about False's side of the story. 

The overwhelming, unspoken question of "Iskall's feeding time" looming over Ren's head didn't help. What had happened to Iskall? Why were they relying on Doc to feed them? 

What was going on? 

---

Reading through the papers was difficult.  The ink was smudged with water, and Ren wasn't a big reader anyways, half the words on the papers being words he didn't know. It felt like Joe had written these papers, except the handwriting was messier and they were less poetic. 

Ren's head was swimming with information, and Ren wasn't sure how much he wanted to continue this. Sure, taking down this Rowan person sounded important, but Ren wasn't suited to reading five hundred pages of information about a person hat Ren didn't know existed until an hour ago. 

Taking a few more pages to half read through, Ren slumped over, resting his chin on his hand while he skimmed over the pages. 

They said something about the Void, and either a nether star or an end crystal, which seemed kind of important. Ren wasn't sure. He'd not been paying too much attentin while he'd been reading. 

The part about the Void and one of those two items sounded important though, and Ren kept on going back to it. 

Really important. 

Ren called Doc over, the creeper hybrid making his presense known by placing a cold hand on Ren's shoulder. The werewolf looked up, before showing the paper to Doc, muttering something about what he'd read. 

Doc took the papers gently, before he walked away, leaving Ren where he was sitting. 

The silence was broken by Doc speaking. 

"Ren, you're a genius." 

Ren looked up in surprise. "That's not something I hear a lot." He remarked, joking around. Seriously though. What had he done that was so good? 

It definitely wasn't tying up Mumbo earlier, and Ren couldn't recall anything else he'd done that could invoke hat response. Maybe pointing out the thing in the paper? 

"I think we've found a way to get rid of Rowan."