Mumbo, Cub and Scar bonding go brrr

"Cub? Scar?" 

"Come in." 

Entering the medical room, Mumbo quietly closed the door behind him, spotting Scar and Cub. The former was asleep, and Mumbo was glad to see that Scar was getting some sleep. Something Scar didn't often do anymore. 

Mumbo let out a sigh as he sat on the bed next to the one Cub and Scar were sharing, his shoulders sluping slightly. Cub was avoiding meeting Mumbo's eyes, carefully running his hands through Scar's hair, his face showing no emotion. 

Cub always was good at keeping his thoughts and feelings hidden. 

After a few moments more, Cub looked up, and Mumbo spoke again. 

"How are you going? With remembering." He asked, and Cub shrugged. 

"I don't know. I don't know anything, Mumbo. It hurts to try and think. It hurts to try and remember. I want to: Scar says we used to have so much fun, and that he misses me, but it hurts to try and remember." Cub said. 

"Why would I want to try when it hurts me to do so?" Cub asked, meeting Mumbo's eyes, and Mumbo shrugged, his chin in his hands and his elbows against his thighs. 

"Has the doctor guy come to any conclusions or theories?" Cub asked when Mumbo didn't say anything. 

Mumbo shook his head. "Doc has no ideas, and I haven't told him anything; as you guys asked me not to. He thinks that dying and being revived might have removed your memories, or Rowan's control might've done it, but nothing for sure. He still doesn't know how you're with us." Mumbo admitted. 

He'd gone over the basics of Cub's situation with Cub. Explained how Cub had died, and was resurrected. That much had made sense to Cub, when it had been explained. Cub had explained that he'd been taught by the guy with black and red eyes (Tango, Mumbo had figured out) that he was to Cub's owner, and that Cub was to do as he was told, but nothing else. 

Cub had said that he felt confused, and slightly disoriented, and guilty for some of what he'd been told to do, but if he thought to hard, his head hurt, and his owner (Tango/Rowan) somehow knew, and would neglect Cub's basic needs of food and water and sleep for a few days. 

Which was scarily similar to Mumbo's torment when he was caught, before Xisuma had escaped and sold him out to Rowan. Was that just his regular method of punishment when his 'toys' disobeyed? 

Back on track. 

Scar was finally waking up, sitting up and leaning on Cub groggily as he blinked his eyes open. Both Mumbo and Cub gave Scar a few minutes to recognise his surroundings, before Cub spoke. 

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, and Scar nodded, looking between Cub and Mumbo. 

"Hey Mumbo." Scar greeted Mumbo, who smiled at Scar. 

"Good afternoon, Scar." Mumbo said back, repositioning himself on the bed he was seated on, his back now against the wall at the head of the bed. Scar offered Mumbo a small smile, before he closed his eyes again for a moment. 

"How've you been Mumbo?" Scar asked, and Mumbo shrugged. 

"Best I can be." He said. 

"You still haven't told anyone yet, right?" Scar asked, and Mumbo shook his head. 

"Haven't said a word, don't worry. You guys can trust me." Mumbo reassured Scar and Cub, Mumbo seeing them both visibly relax again when he said that. They both seemed semi distrustful of him, which he could get, but it hurt like hell considering he was the only other person to know about Cub's memory loss right now. 

They could trust Mumbo! They knew they could. 

Mumbo just needed to be patient with them, and try help the best he could. Cub needed Scar and Mumbo's support and help, and he needed them now, and Mumbo would be damned if he didn't attempt to support Cub.