Chapter 1: Blissful welcome

A/N: Heads up, the majority of this chapter will contain Hiccup, Elsa, and Anna engaged in sexual intercourse. Another heads up, after this story, I'll start Espionage which is my Hiccstrid spy story. Alright, onwards!

(Normal pov— Kingdom of Arendelle)

The early morning risers in Arendelle were already beginning their tasks for the day which included the following: forging weapons in the smithy, beginning construction on new homes, and heading outside the kingdom to go hunting. Arendelle, once a small English kingdom has grown stronger, larger, and more beautiful in the last five years under the Haddock's rule. As the inhabitants grew within Arendelle, there were more homes built to shelter the growing inhabitants, in both man and dragon alike.

As a group of hunters headed out into the wilderness to go hunt wild game, smiles of joy etched across their faces as they laid eyes on the King Hiccup Haddock on top of his Night Fury, and the army of Arendelle marching behind their king and commanders.

"They're back!!"

"The army has returned!"

"King Hiccup has come home!"

As Hiccup and his army finally arrived back at Arendelle Castle, they were met with warm welcomes from the early risers and dragons. There had been rumors that Hiccup had been killed during one of the more bloody battles against the constant swarm of Viking invaders, and the people all breathed a sigh of relief to see their king alive and well. The forces of Arendelle had finished off an army of Vikings that had plans to sack Wessex but with calculated planning and with the aid or the Swords of Wessex, the latest Viking invaders were defeated and the people of Wessex gave praise not only to God but to those who protected them from the Vikings. Despite all the blood that Hiccup shed during the battles, the sacrifices he made to ensure his English brethren succeeded, and the countless times he prayed to return home safely, Hiccup was back home in Arendelle where he felt joy washing over him like a tidal wave.

He was so glad to return to the warm embrace of his family and people.

The now twenty-three-year-old king led his dragon, and best friend Toothless to the royal stables. The Night Fury settled down amongst the comfortable straw hay bales, ready to sleep off the long and ferocious battle they had just concluded. Hiccup smiled down at his loyal dragon whilst he took off the dragon's saddle and placed it down on a bench inside the stable Toothless resided in. Arendelle's king set down a bucket full of fish he'd hidden in a nearby wagon for Toothless to enjoy, a reward for his hard work over the past few weeks while dealing with these Vikings. Patting Toothless's head, Hiccup bid Toothless farewell for now, as he left the stables.

Hiccup yawned and stretched as he entered the castle through the huge doors, nodding in greetings at the royal guards standing watch. He looked around as he made his way to his quarters. There were very few people around. It seemed like activity in the castle was little to none, perhaps the occupants were still asleep.

Hiccup then made his way up the stairs as he thought back on his time away. It was a long, hard three-month conflict dealing with the Vikings who planned on sacking Wessex, they had a sizable army and had the ferocity of ravenous wolves. This particular Viking tribe wasn't the most intelligent, though their ferocity in battle cost the lives of good men who served Arendelle. Hiccup loved his home here in England and his duty as King of Arendelle, though the responsibilities of leaving his home to engage invading Vikings did keep him away from his mother, children, friends, and the two people he loved even more than his responsibilities to Arendelle's people.

Speaking of which, one of those people was making her way around the corner. Queen Anna, who stopped dead in her tracks when she spotted Hiccup. Suddenly, a wide, beaming smile broke out across her beautiful face, and with a loud cry of happiness, she ran towards Hiccup, who smiled in response and caught her in his strong arms as she leaped at him, Hiccup then spun his enthusiastic wife in his arms, causing both of them to laugh.