Chapter 7: Reassurance

(Normal pov)

"Please, find me, Elsa. Come and find me."

That voice, it was as Queen Iduna herself were calling out to Elsa, the platinum blonde wanted to know who it is or what is calling out to her. After bidding their husband, children, and mother-in-law farewell, for now, Elsa and Anna took their carriage and their guards to travel North and find out whatever is calling out to Elsa. The two sisters would've taken their dragons and travel alone, but that was unwise, especially when a massive Viking force is amassing to devour all of England.

Elsa awoke from slumber and laid eyes on Anna, =who was sound asleep and wrapped in a thick, warm blanket to keep the cold creeping in the carriage at bay. Looking outside the carriage window, Elsa could only speculate what's out there calling to her and pray that this wasn't some cruel trick her mind was playing.

Taking a deep breath, Elsa's mind drifts towards Hiccup and her family, she already missed them so much and would miss them even more in the days to come, she just hoped this quest wouldn't take too long, just long enough to find out what's calling out to her and be back to support Hiccup in whatever way she can to deal with the Vikings.

Of course, that was the plan, all Elsa could do was pray and hope that they could solve this mystery sooner rather than later.

"What is it?"

Elsa looks to see that Anna awoke from sleep and gave her a questioning look, the platinum blond smiles lightly and shrugs. "I'm just hoping that whatever it is I'm hearing isn't some trick," she confessed, "Vikings are amassing a great army to destroy us, meanwhile we're going to the North of Arendelle and following a mysterious voice that sounds like our mother's, for I know we're searching for something that may very well be a figment of my imagination." Anna then got up from her side of the carriage and sat next to Elsa and shared her warm blanket with her sister and lover, causing both women to sigh plesantly. Anna then noticed Elsa's face twist into doubt, fear, and self-hatred, causing the strawberry blond to frown and inquire gently. "Elsa? What's wrong?"

"I just... I just don't want to mess things up," she said, "not when our nation is under threat. We've been trained in combat and dragon riding by both Hiccup and Valka, we'll need these skills if we're going to help our husband banish the heathens from our lifetime. But as I said earlier, we could be searching for nothing at all, and I don't want to be wrong about this." Anna gently cups her sister's cheeks and kisses her, causing Elsa to close her eyes and kiss Anna back, when they break their kiss, they rest their foreheads together and Anna murmurs out. "I know there're moments when you think you're a monster, someone who's a freak of nature, or someone who doesn't belong in human society, but you're wrong. Elsa, you're perfect the way you are. Hiccup and I love and believe in you more than anyone in this world," she smiles warmly at Elsa and adds, "you're not a monster or a freak of nature Elsa, you're my sister and lover, a Queen of Arendelle, and a wife to the man we both love more than we can comprehend. Whatever is out there in the unknown? We'll face it, together."

Tears swelled in Elsa's eyes, she loved Anna and Hiccup so much, and just hearing Anna's words caused Elsa to once again press her lips to Anna's. "What would I do without you?" She murmured against Anna's cheek, the strawberry blond laughed lightly and murmured back. "You'll always have me, Elsa," she then added, "as well as Hiccup." Both women shared a warm smile and cuddled close a cold breeze crept into the carriage. They then began to lightly sing a lullaby their mother used to sing to them before bedtime, after singing a few verses of their childhood lullaby, Anna was back to sleep, holding each Elsa close, causing her to press a kiss to Anna's forehead and sigh happily.

Before Elsa fell back to the sweet embrace of sleep, she closed her eyes and reached out to the voice that's been reaching out to her for these past few days. Casting aside her doubt, Elsa focused as she reached out to this voice and asked in an uncertain, yet hopeful tone.