♛ 12. ꜱᴀᴠɪᴏʀ

How long has it been ever since [name] was locked up in the asylum? She didn't know. Not like she could in the first place. She has yet to shower for a long time as well, and she could only whimper silently at the freezing cold room as her skin started to dry up. She pressed her hands against her ears as she tried to calm herself down, despite the heartache that was lingering heavily against her chest.

She wanted nothing more, but to leave this place.

Her nose twitched slightly, smelling a certain smell that was all too familiar to her. Her dark blue ocean eyes widened as the door was slammed open harshly. She quickly stood up as she looked at the guard who had entered, and she could only swallow the lump in her throat.

"Demon..." she whispered out as the door slammed shut, leaving her alone with the demon guard that had entered her room.

The demon then stood before her with a wide smirk on his face and [name]'s hand went to her back where her blanket was being held by her own petite hands. [name] immediately disappeared in a quick manner, despite how she wasn't sure why she could move in such a way.

She was moving so naturally.

And the demon's eyes widened at the sudden disappearance of Akane [name].

The sound of cloth flowing past and the demon turned, only to have his eyes widened when [name] wrapped the blanket around his neck tightly, and managed to leave a wound on his back with her fork that she had grabbed hold from the sink.

"You brat!" the demon cursed out as [name] tightened the hold tightly as she crushed the demon's neck with the blanket securely around his neck, and it was just in time, did the door opened and the guards' eyes widened in horror.

Including Cecil and Michikatsu.

"[NAME]!" Michikatsu yelled out as [name] dropped herself onto the ground as blood splattered against her face. Her dark blue ocean eyes had nothing but horror flashed within them as the now-dead demon fell forward.

But Michikatsu knew, it was a demon.

But not Cecil.

"[name], you are under the execution list now," he spoke out and [name]'s dark blue ocean eyes could only widen at what Cecil had said and she quickly gripped tightly onto Michikatsu's sleeves, whereas her mento could only gently pat her on the head.

"Don't worry. I'll find a way. You don't deserve this," he whispered out.

"Iguro-san... Where's Iguro-san..." she cried out.

--

Shinobu sat in the van behind the asylum that the remaining Hashiras had infiltrated thanks to Michikatsu and Tanjiro's help in getting them the floorplan. Mitsuri and her had managed to hack into the security system and am currently shutting down all traps along the way, hijacking the CCTVs as well.

Given how the entire asylum right now, was filled with demons as predicted by Oyakata-sama himself when he spoke to Michikatsu and the others back then.

A sad fact, that demons now, can walk under the sun.

"Target nearing," Shinobu whispered into the microphone. She stared nervously at the screen before her, watching as Kanae and the others are nearing the room that they were supposed to bust open.

"Shinobu-chan, I'm picking up another reading!" Mitsuri spoke and Shinobu's eyes widened.

"Behind!" she yelled and Tengen immediately allowed Kanae and Obanai to run past him. He then turned and brought out his nichirin blades just as demons lunged forward to attack them.