4

Jennie

Rays of the sunlight had evaded my room. I decided to turn around and succumb more to sleep as I am not in the mood to face yet another day.

However, life truly is against my happiness even by little things it still contradicts as my phone blasted a tone of an incoming call from my bestfriend. Groaning, I search for the device and swiped to answer the call. "What do you need Chu?"

"Your still in bed just as I thought." She chuckled. "I want my sleep chickin. Make it fast or I am hanging up." I threatened.

Her voice suddenly turned serious. "I heard uncle is finally back. Dad informed me this morning."

I turned and looked at the ceiling. Eyes finally awake. "Yes. He did call me last night but I did not answer so he left a voicemail. He invited me over to see him."

"What do you feel Jen?" She asked.

"Honestly I don't know. I don't even know what to say if I see him. I am angered and I still loath him for leaving me."

"Well dad was invited to come tonight as well. I'll be there with you. We will leave immediately if anything makes you uncomfortable." I smiled. I may be unlucky in many aspects but I am lucky to have a Jisoo Kim as my best friend.

"Thanks Chu. I owe you big time." She chuckled. "I'll hold you for that. Anyways I gotta go, I still have to drive Rosie to school. I'll see you later."

"See you later lovergirl." We ended the call, I then placed the phone at the nightstand as I still lay in bed.

Sighing, I remembered I have nothing to do today as it is a weekend. I was contemplating on what to do but the sudden rumbling of my stomach signifies that I needed to be fed.

Groaning, I pushed myself up and went to the kitchen I guess it will be netflix and chill kinda day.

~~~~~

It is 5:30 pm already and I am nearing to finish my get up as Chu texted me that she would come around 6 pm to pick me up. With one final look at myself, I heard the horn of my bestfriends car. I took my purse and went my way outside.

I immediately settled in Jisoo's car. "Someone dressed up nice tonight."

I chuckled. "You don't look bad yourself."

"You ready?" She asked with concern laced to her tone. "Do I have a choice? He is afterall my father. Regardless of the timing, I would still meet him." Chu only nodded. I reached for her audio compartment and blasted a song as we silently ventured to the place my father called home.

~~~~~

As we arrived, many people were in attendance. "And here I thought it would be an intimate dinner." I voiced out to which Chu just rubbed my arm. She gave me a sympathetic look as we approached the door.

A brunette looking woman who looked around her early forties had welcomed us. "Welcome to the Kim's residence." As she straighten up her posture, recognition flashed through her eyes. "Jennie." She uttered.

To say I was baffled, if it's because someone who is a stranger in my eyes recognizes me while I know nothing about her. Before I could ask her how she knows me a loud voice had interrupted.

"Jennie my dear! It is nice to see you again honey." The man whom I have loathed approached our way and engulf me in a tight embrace. However, his actions did not return.

He might have felt me stiffen as he pulled away and to my surprise he had placed his arms around the woman who had welcomed me.

"I see you have met Jihyo." He said glancing at the woman with a loving gaze.

I suddenly clenched my jaw, suppressing the anger that might burst out. Thankfully, Jisoo might have felt the changes in me that she suddenly butted in. "Uncle Daniel! It has been a long time."

"You have grown well Jisoo." He greeted back but before he could add more to it a deep husky voice had interrupted us."

"Mom. I am sorry I am late." Hearing a deep husky voice of the recent intruder, I turned towards the direction of the one who had spoken and I was beyond surprised to witness that the owner of the voice belonged to the deep brown orbs whom I longed to see once again.