Ch 26: Christmas Surprise

"How long till Lily's interface tracks down another piece of the Spear of Destiny?" Jax asked him and Sara walking into the library.

"I don't know. I'm beginning to think our supercomputer is not so super." Sara crossed her arms staring at the screen still no news whatsoever. It bothered her a little less than previous wait times since Clarity was on the ship once again, but that didn't mean she wasn't eager to get another fragment.

"I heard that. You try processing 1.2 zettabytes of data." Gideon replied.

"Rip's probably planning something big with the Legion of Doom right now. The sooner we can locate another piece of the spear, the sooner we can set a trap and rescue him like we did Clarity." Jax said staring at the screen like that would somehow make it pop up an answer.

"I could always reroute power to my sub-neural processing unit by shutting off life support." Gideon suggested.

"Oh, you're lippy this morning, Gideon." Sara smiled. "I like it."

"I wasn't joking." Gideon replied.

"Keep chugging away with the power you have. I'm sure you'll find something soon. I'm going to go see if Claritys up to giving you a little power boost." Sara told the Ai.

"I'll let you know if anything pops up here." Jax sighed leaning back against the desk. Sara nodded and left the room walking down to Claritys room only she was surprised the Glitch wasn't alone. She paused just outside the open door.

"I cannot fathom how you could keep something like this to yourself for so long. You know you could have told anyone on the team." Stein spoke to Clarity, he was sitting in Claritys fuzzy desk chair. The Glitch was wrapped in one of her fuzzy blankets. The item resting over her shoulders. Both were holding tea cups plates filled with croissants, macaroons, and little tiny cookies beside them. "I can assure you Clarity none of us would have disbelieved you or anything of the sort."

"No, I that's not it. That night or maybe it was morning at this point I'm not sure...But when he was done he told me I was going to distract Barry for a change. That I would be in the way like I always am but I'd be in Barry's way this time not his. He'd be so enraged with Thawne, so focused on me concerned about my safety, you know he wouldn't have left my side for a second and Thawne he'd get away with his plan. I knew if I told Felicity, or Oliver, or Cisco, or Caitlin, or you, if I confided with anyone I trusted at the time, word would have gotten to Barry somehow and I couldn't let Thawne win. So, I didn't tell. After he got erased I figured there wasn't a need to tell anyone you know?" Clarity wiped at her eye. "Your not supposed to be able to exist if you never did. I spent so long trying to convince myself that it wasn't him, that he wasn't back, That I was paranoid..... there was even a point where I hoping Rip had gone bad, just so it wouldn't be Thawne, really regretting that now though. Thawne's twisted his mind with something he found in a security deposit box."

"Captain Hunter's current mental affliction is not your fault. Neither is anything that spineless speedster did to you."

"Maybe not the second time, but the first? You don't go to the rich guys house in the middle of the night in a short dress and tell him no one knows you're there. That's just common sense, but I trusted him. I looked up to him. I wanted to help him. I thought we were friends. I let my guard down. I even let him bring me to his bedroom and lock us inside of it. That should have been a clue. The way he only agreed to it because he knew Barry didn't know I was there. I gave him the perfect opportunity. In hindsight, it's so easy realizing how stupid I was."

"You thought he was paralyzed. We all did. For that matter you shouldn't have to worry about where you go or what your wearing no matter how late it may be."