Ch 5: The JSA

"You guys can go talk to him and head into the symposium. I'll wait out here." Clarity hugged herself. "Its been six months I should be over it I know, but I'm just still not comfortable being around Einstein. I know there'll be a crowd in between us and everything but I-I don't even want him looking at me."

"That's not how this works, Clarity

"That's not how this works, Clarity." Sara protested, shaking her head. For one horrid moment Clarity thought that she was going to make her go just as Rip had, that she was going to have to endure Einstein's creeping stare and perhaps even his wandering hands, but luckily for Clarity that wasn't the end of Sara's statement. "Mick, Snart, Stein, Nate, you boys can go make sure Einstein isn't a dick and does the right thing. The rest of us are going to stay right here with Clarity and keep her company." Sara hooked her right arm around Claritys shoulders.

"What? I-I mean are you sure? It's a significant change in history..." Clarity trailed her grip tightening on her purse, "None of you should miss it cause of me. I'll be fine by myself, it's okay really, you all can go."

"Please, you think anyone's lettin' me in that door?" Jax thumbed back at the entrance. "Doesn't matter how far up north we are the damned Jim Crow laws are still a thing even up here and I'm not goin in round back just to get kicked out by some uppity white dudes who think they know everything. Rip probably had me stay back on the ship the first time round so things would go easier."

"Been undercover once been undercover a thousand times. I'll pass." Todd agreed hands shoved in his pockets. "I'd be back on the ship now if I didn't need fresh air. Stasis was stuffy."

"Ray?" Clarity pressed as Ray played with his hat.

"Einstein's kind of overrated if you ask me. If he's that much of a jerk I don't think he deserves the praise." Ray looked up from his hat. "Besides it's a pretty nice day, it would be a shame to go inside."

"There see? No one's staying out here who doesn't want to." Sara told her, adjusting her side hug, the assassin's hand sliding down Claritys arm, settling in the middle just above her elbow, thumb swiping up and down against Claritys skin.

"But what about you? Don't you want to go in?" Clarity asked Sara, head tilting to the side causing her hat to shift to the right.

"Yeah, I'm sure you can find some science gal to seduce in there for a quickie." Jax nodded his head over to the building. "I heard Einstein almost got lucky. Bet you'd have ten times more luck in there than he did."

"I'm not going to be having any quickies in the forty's, Jax." Sara punched him in the arm with her free hand as Jax chuckled. "Besides why go all the way in there when I've already got the prettiest science gal right here under my arm."