Ch 16: Invasion pt 3

Surprise!!! Pt 3 already!!! Enjoy!!!

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"I can't believe that you guys escaped an alien spaceship. Key words: alien spaceship. I have questions." Cisco freaked, barely holding back his excitement as he barraged Oliver and the rest of those who had just been on the waverider the second they got in the hangar.

"They can wait." Oliver replied to Cisco, looking to Nate. "Thanks for helping me get my sister home."

"Yeah, man." Nate nodded looking down. Truthfully, he'd just taken her home to try and make a move on her, but unfortunately for the man of steel it did not pan out. Thea turning him right down. But Oliver didn't need to know all that. Nate didn't want broken knee caps.

"What's our status?" Oliver asked Barry getting down to business.

"Nothing," Barry sighed scratching at the back of his head. "Since the Dominators paid their little visit to mess with our heads."

"Why would they do that?" Nate asked in confusion.

"Save their forces, show off their superior mental capabilities with a single small team. Bide time while they gather strength." Clarity suggested. "Why waste their own troops when they can use their enemies power against them? But even then there has to be more to it than that. This has all been too carefully planned out to just be some tactic to scare us into submission. They took all of you and stuffed you in those pods for a reason."

"What if they were trying to pit us against each other, in order to gain intel about meta-humans?" Ray suggested.

"And then when they saw none of us were going down easy enough they weren't getting the results they wanted and decided to snatch some non meta's and get the info directly from your heads." Clarity nodded along.

"Man, I wish they would just send us an IM with a questionnaire." Felicity complained.

"Yeah, that would be nice." Clarity laughed. "Too bad the dominators are too busy building a weapon instead of making a list of demands."

"Well, metas pose the biggest threat to their invasion. It would make sense they'd want to get to know their enemies." Kara thought about it.

"By kidnapping people." Stein reiterated Claritys point. "Perhaps they were searching your minds for potential meta-human vulnerabilities."

"I think it's time we return the favor." Oliver decided.

"What do you want to do? Kidnap one of them now?" Diggle asked.

"Ever since we fought off that one ship, they've kind of been in short supply." Barry pointed out.

"Infiltrating the mothership would be suicide. After your guys breakout they're going to be expecting retaliation. They'd be ready and waiting. We'd have to find a dominator, isolated out of the loop somehow, but in the know enough to know what they're planning."

"Actually, I know where to find one." Nate strode up to the screen rubbing his pointer finger at his chin. "I've been reviewing old Army footage of their first encounters with the Dominators, and I think I pegged the fight to...Redmond, Oregon. 1951." Nate played a recording for everyone to see.

"You're suggesting we travel to 1951, abduct a Dominator, and interrogate it to determine their intentions." Stein frowned, disapproving.

"They kidnapped us." Sara pointed out. "Seems fair."

"Fair doesn't make it right," Clarity shook her head. "But...they aren't giving us any other choices so..."

"Time travel." Cisco grinned. "I'm definitely in."