Chapter 5 - What is this feeling? (Y/n's Point of View)

Lately, I've been feeling really different. Like, very weird in my opinion. Sometimes I would just sit in my bed and stare at my window, blankly watching the skys from afar, then suddenly, a picture of a certain male would pop in my mind that would make my heart skip a beat. I don't like the feeling. It would hurt sometimes, but somehow, I also like it since it woukd cause butterflies to fly all over my tummy. I'm telling you, it's not very pleasant. Then this also happens, evrry time I would made an eye contact or any skin contact with that partucular male(which I think you already know is so it's the time for me to stop calling him by pronoun and start calling him by his name) I could feel my heart beat faster than a cheetah could run, and then my face would heat up almost instantly. I didn't want this anymore, I wanted the feeling to stop, but then I don't either. I'm feeling weird and being weird.

Good thing that a friend of mine visited today, it was planned already, I knew she would come so I prepared myself to meet her. It's been almost a year since we've last seen one another, Elizza told me she was too busy at her current position so she haven't had the time to visit me like she normally would. I would ask her some questions which was probably not a bad idea, but I also have a feeling that it was not going to be a good idea.

Anywho, I came to the entrance to greet her who always gave me a kind smile, but that smile turns bigger and slyer withing the minutes we had that passed. I dashed to her and gave her a welcoming hug but then I retreated when I remembered her position on her kingdom right now.

"Your majesty, forgive me." The female just rolled her eyes and held both of my hand.

"There's no need for formalities Princess Y/n, you do know we're still friends no matter what position I am." I sent her a grin.

"I know that, I just can't help it."

"Oh shush, one day you will also be queen. Frankly, being a ruler is quite hard, especially when you don't have a partner." We were now walking towards the garden, where we would usually spend time together like me and grandmother do. We three were like best friends.

"Do you currently have any love interests? Or do you have any at all?" I began teasing her, my shoulder bumping onto her own yet she didn't really mind.

"I have, quite frankly. Although, it's a little bit complicated. Anyhow, do you too? I heard a certain princess is engaged." My face began heating up and my heart was now beating faster than the normal pace. I'm feeling weird again.

"Does it really matter to you?"

"Yes, I'm your bestfriend, and I here by command you to tell me who this lucky male is." She teased back at me. I couldn't really do anything. I tell her almost every secret of mine, so does she. We both trust each other with those secrets, creating a strong bond in between us.

I was about to tell her about him when he suddenly showed up. Holding a few pages of paper in his hand and he also seem to just exited the music room. Roderich looked over at my direction and smiled, that weird yet warm feeling once again present. I could feel my face heat up as I force a genuine smile back, my heard was rapidly beating with every second that we stood in there. He soon enough bowed in respect and so did we, before leaving for who knows where. I then felt something on my forehead that quickly had been retracted soon after being placed.

"You're heating up. I could cook an egg on your face right now." Elizza teases as I glared at her. "Seems like I found the lucky man, or rather, King."

"Shut up!"

"You're not even denying it. How adorable. Honestly though, I thought he was going for Elizabeta." I stopped and stared at Elizza for a moment, in which she also stopped and stared back at me. "Something wrong?"

"'Elizabeta'?"

"Oh, yes, Elizabeta Héderváry. The Queen of Hungary. An acquaintance of mine. She was once engaged to King Roderich, claims that she is still currently."

How come I do not know of this?

"Probably because you don't really like gossip. Hey but I don't gossip, I only eavesdrop."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Y/n, you're speaking your thoughts again. You seriously need work on that." I'm just going to ignore everything she said and ask what I needed to ask. I need answers by the way, not gossip and things. By the time I was going to ask, we both now sat on the garden's stone tea tables, a few maids were currently serving us both tea of our choice along with a dessert of out ow choice. Then I spoke.

"Hey, can I ask a question?"

"You already asked."

"I mean, can I ask another question?"

"You already did."

"Can I ask a fourth question then?"

"Alright. Ask away. Although, I'm not quite sure if I can answer those rhings in your mind. I might not even have a clue on what you are talking about." I laughed and waved my hand.

"You'll answer either way, even it it's nonsense. Anyways, I'd like to ask you about this feeling that I have in me for a while now."

"Y/n, I'm really bad at this."

"Just hear me out."

"Alright."

"Well, there's this man, and you already probably know who he is. So, I've been feeling weird around him, blushing whenever we make any sort of contact. I would also stare at something for a long time and think about him, and sometimes, a picture of him would pop out in my head and that would make my heart skip a beat. I don't really know what this is, so I thought, 'Why not ask Elizza about it?' And so I did, which is probably a bad idea." There was a momentarily silence in between us two, until Elizza started giggling. "What's so funny?"

"Oh Y/n, isn't it obvious? You're in love~" The mentioning of that word terrifies me.

***

Heeeyyyy! How was the chapter? As promised it's longer, but not too long, hopefully you all enjoyed reading. Don't forget to vote/favourite this book and comment. That would really brighten my day more, I'm not forcing you to though, you do it if you only want to. Anyways, have a great day and stay safe!

Edited