Chapter 8 - This is it

A few more weeks until the wedding. I'm getting quite giddy for it. Luckily, I got to know Roderich for a while. We've been close for a while now. Spending time whenever we could which was rare. He was busy and so am I. Well, not quite. I just do whatever I would like to do. Sometimes I would ask at random people at the castle, no exceptions. As in everybody. I'm completely bored out of my mind that I would find myself strolling around and staring at everything around me, trying to look for an idea what to do. Well since I didn't have anythin I decided to go and bother Roderich who was currently busy with his own paperwork.

"Pssst! Roderich!"

"I'm quite busy right now Y/n." I didn't speak for a while, until I felt bored again and bothered him once more.

"Hey! Roderich! Can you play me something?"

"I already said I'm busy Y/n." I pouted, crossing my arms and leaning/sitting on anything nearby and watched him work. After a while I got bored once more, and you already know what I will do.

"Hey Rod, why come to the garden with me will ya?"

"No can do."

"Fine, I'll go break your bow."

"Fine, what do you want so desperately anyways?"

Mission accomplished

"Just come with me. You seem really stressed out."

"Aren't I supposed to be?"

"Yeah, but you don't look good. You probably need to relax a bit."

"Y/n, you don't have time to relax if you're a ruler of a kingdom."

"Shut up and follow me." I lead him towards the royal garden. We soon arrived and I began running around like a child. The fresh beeze was just amazing. Also, I could smell a faint scent of flowers from nearby. I pulled the male with me to the meadow part of the garden. A whole bunch of flowers were currently just sitting in there, waiting to be picked up. I took a few, instantly forming something that I learned from my grandmother. I was finished after a few seconds and walled towards the male who was just looking around and standing in there like an idiot. I sneakily placed the flower crown on his head, getting him by surprise because I heard him gasp and then he turned around.

"What is that?"

"Don't worry, I didn't put thorns on your head. It's just a flower crown."

"Since when did you learn how to make these?"

"Since my grandmother taught me." I made another one after, placing it in my own head and twirling around.

"This is nice."

"I know right? Don't you just love the feeling of fresh air."

Roderich's POV

"I know right? Don't you just love the feeling of fresh air." I hummed in response, continuing to look around, trying to find a flower that would caught my eye. Gladly, something did, a/an (favourite flower) was in the corner of my eye that caught my attention. I walked to it and bent a part of the stem to deattached it from it's roots, proceeding to smell it's alluring scent.

"What did you find there Roderich?" Y/n suddenly ask, causing me to turn around and give her a small smile which was rare for me. I never really smiled that much.

"Oh, it's just a/an (favourite flower)."

"Oooh! (Favourite flower)! I love that one! In fact, it's my favourite."

"No wonder it would look good on you."

Oh goodness, I need to stop doing that.

Y/n seem to blush at my comment, also brining me to get flustered. I swear I need something to cover my mouth shut these days.

"W-Would you like it?" I offered her, she seem to hesitate for a bit, but then nodded. I did the same and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, before placing the (favourite flower) behind her ear. I could already feel my face heat up so badly at what I just did. My heart was also beating swiftly so I quickly pulled my hand away, careful not to take the (favourite flower).

"T-Thank's Rod." Y/n sent me a cute smile that caused something inside me to fasten once again. I looked away.

"You're welcome." We were silent for a while, we did not bother to say anything until Y/n spoke up.

Back to Y/n's POV

I'm going to do it! I'm finally going to do it! Please be with me dear Lord!

I mentally prayed to the gods. I was finally going to do it. I'm going to say it to him. I don't care if he's going to have the same way I feel or not. All I really need is to get this feeling out. I sighed, a few seconds of silence was very unbearable. And so I decided to say something.

"Hey Roderich, can I ask you a question?"

"You already did Y/n."

Dammit! That thing always gets in my way!

"I mean, can I ask a third question?"

"What is it that you wanted to ask." I took a deep breath.

"Have you ever......loved before?" Another round of silence and another round of thoughts for me.

Oh my goodness, I actually said it! But it's not the final thing. I still need to say those three words to him.

"...Yes...." I could feel my heart shatter, but it's alright, that was before. Past is past, right? "Well, actually.....not before but I'm currently loving someone."

That's more worse than your first answer. I'm starting to think of retreating my plan and sulking on my bed while he and whoever that lover of his have a wonderful life. A kingdom, children, a horse and a cat while I sulk in my room all day and eat whatever food I could took a hold of.

But then,

No! I can't retreat. I promised myself that even if I get hurt I will let these feelings out. To whoever is readin my thoughts right now, with me luck.

"Roderich, I need to tell you something."

This is it! This is it! I'm shaking! I'm so nervous.

Indeed I was shaking, my heart was also pacing quickly, and I try not to cry about a scenario in my head where I will miserably get rejected. I shook those thoughts away.

"Go on." This man is making me more nervous my the second, but nonetheless! I have to do this, no matter what it takes. Hopefully the gods are with me and would save me from embarrassment if I got rejected.

"King Roderich Edelstein of Austria! I think I'm in love with you!"

***

Hello! How's it going there aye? Wnjoying the story so far? Don't forget to vote/favourite the book if you liked it. Anyways, have a great day and stay safe!ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ

Edited(?)