Chapter 15 - Work is a pain

I don't know why I even decided to work in here. A lot of coworkers literally dislike me for some reason just because I'm not slacking like most of them and always gets praised by the last boss. One of them who dosen't like me too much is the secretary, Ms. Dianah. She's literally has a higher place than me and yet she dislikes me. If that's not the reason then I don't know what.

Anywho, she dropped a pile of papers over my desk as I was tying at my comupter. I gave her a blank stare and she gave me a menacing glare.

"Tomorrow's the deadline and I want you to finish that today. No questions needed just do it." With that she walked off, not giving me a time to say anything at all. I wanted to ask what was it, yet she already left. That leaves me with this shit-ton pile of folders and stapled papers. I continued on my work, not minding anyone else and anything else. I thought it was a good idea, but no. Unfortunately for me, I don't even know what the hell did Sec. Dianah gave me. It was almost sunset and I'm still in there, not where I should be.

I groaned in annyance as I tried to research about it.

Roderich's POV

Work is such a hassle. A few hours had now passed since the opening of this building today and it was now night-time. 22:00 to be exact. Surely there are no other employees around other than the security guards that was still around until 23:00. I slightly loosed my tie as I finished the last of my papers for the day. I breathed out a sigh and stretched, fixing all the things in my desk before exiting the office. I was on my way out of the floor when I heard typing and saw light from one of the cubicles.

"Someone's still here?" The frantic typing stopped for a while, until it started again before stopping once more. I squinted my eyes, walking towards the source of light to see the familiar female that I made eye contact with a while ago. We both stared at one another, eyes both wide.

She jumped from her seat.

"AHHH!" I still stared at her, it only take a few second for her to realize what was happening. "Mr. Edelstein! I'm sorry sir! I thought you were.....a....ermmm..."

"Why are you still here?"

"Umm....Sec. Dianah gave me work that was due tomorrow. She told me to finish it today sir." I reached out for one of the folders and opened it, before glancing back at the nervous looking female.

"Go home L/n."

"But sir, I have to finish that--"

"Go home. You probably don't even know this thing." I felt her go silent, even thought that I see her blush. "I'll do it for you. You had enough work for today."

"But sir I--"

"No buts. Just go home."

"Oh, alright."

***