Chapter 9 - The Sound of His Heartbeat

~Previously~

"King Roderich Edelstein of Austria! I think I'm in love with you!"

***

Roderich was absolutely surprised at Y/n's words. Did he just hear her right? Did he really love him? He was to shocked that he was frozen in place. The woman he loves, return her feelings back? But he thought she hated him, on never really liked him but still got along. Apparently, Y/n took his silence as a no and quickly apologized at her words.

"I'm so sorry for saying that your majesty." For some reason Roderich felt a pang on his heart when she said that. He was more fond of her calling him by his name rather than the formal naming.

Regardless, Y/n went down running away from the garden. Roderich haven't got the time to react when he noticed her left the scene. She was already gone by the time he came back to hus senses.

"Goodness, what have I done?"

***

Y/n came running towards the secret door in the garden, not to far away from the main one where she and Roderich just were. She knew her grandmother was in there, if not then she would either be in the library or the somewhere out there.

She shut the door open and was glad to see her grandmother sitting in the tea table, eith a book in hand and a China teacup on another. She was currently sipping her tea when Y/n entered, making the elderly woman stop midway and look at her granddaughter.

"Y/n, darling. What brings you here?" She then noticed the that her granddaughter's eyes were slightly watery, indicating that something had happened. Y/n took a seat next to her grandmother and began to dramatically cry at the stone table. Her grandmother stopped at what she was doing and placed all the items in the table and stroked her soft (straight/wavy/curly) hair. "You can tell me what happened darling. It's alright if you don't want to tell me, at least give me a little detail."

"Roderich...." Y/n continued to sob after that. Her grandmother comforted her for a while, until she finally stopped crying. She wiped her tears away from her face and gave her a smile.

"It's alright Y/n. It's alright."

"I should have not said anything at the first place."

"Y/n, everybody makes mistakes. It's normal to get these types of endings." Her grandmother explained to her as she sniffed, continuing to wipe her tears of her eyes until it was sore and red.

"I regret ever doing this. I want to forget grandmother."

"Y/n, darling, learn from your mistakes. It's the best way to forget."

"But it's too hard grandmother."

"It is at first, but you'll eventually learn how. Forget your regrets."

"I-I'll try."

"That's my girl. You're really all grown up. I remember when your mother was just at the same age as you."

***

Rodeeich finally grew a pair and decided that he would find Y/n. And that being finding her himself. He checked every room that she possibly would be in, especially on her room, yet she wasn't there. He wasn't going to give up though. He continued to search until he finally got tired and wenr back to the garden. The plants there would really help his stress level down, even though that's where the place ut happened. Roderich actually regretted not answering as soon as possible, he thinks that Y/n would probably think he said no at the silent treatment he showed her a while ago. He sighed, sitting on a bench nearby and placing a hand on his forehead.

"You're such an idiot for not answering quickly." The Austrian male told himself.

***

"Thank you grandmother. I really appreciate your comfort grandmother. I think I'll go back to my quarters now, I think you also should."

"I'll be coming back at dusk darling." Y/n nodded, waving at her grandmother as she left the secret room. It was only a little time and yet she already felt nice, but not quite good. She would still remember those embarrassing things she told Roderich. She thought that he would probably hate her by now and sadly walked through the small maze in the garden.

"You're such an idiot for not answering quickly." She heard a familiar voice from nearby. Probably at the other side of the wall. Y/n stayed for a while, contemplating about eavesdropping or not. She decided with a yes and stayed there for a while. "I wish I could have said that.....I love her back. Or, something. Y/n probably hates me right now."

"........no I don't." Roderich straightened his back and looked around but didn't see anything.

"Y/n? Is that really you? Where are you liebe?" The h/c female blushed at his words.

"I'm on the other side of this wall stupid! Do you really love me back?"

"Yes!" There was no hesitation in there. Y/n started running, running towards wherever the side of that wall was. And since she memorised the whole garden, it didn't took lone for her to find him. He was slouching on a bench, holding something in between his gloved fingers.

"Y/n?"

"Roderich!" Y/n dashed towards the male and began sobbing tears of joy. Roderich wrapped his arms around her, kissing her on the forehead and staying in there for a while. "Ich liebe dich."

"Ich liebe dich auch." They stayed close to one another, Y/n smiled. She finally got a happy ending and pressed her ear on his chest as she listened to the sound of his heartbeat.

She finally got a happy ending.

Or so she thought

***

Hehehehehe, no happy endings, at least not yet. Hopefully you've liked this chapter, don't forget to vote/favourite the book if you really liked it, also comment your thoughts about the chapter, I would really appreciate that. Anyways, have a great day and stay safe everybody!ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ

Edited(?)