Chapter Two

When i opened my eyes again, the sun was shining outside. Great another day and another chance to embarrass myself.

I hear a knock on the door. "honey it's 10 in the morning. Maybe it's time you wake up." I grumbled and i guess she thought that meant she could come in. The door opened and she stood there in a PINK outfit. Pink shirt. Pink jeans. Pink heels. There's even a pink feather in her hair.

"You're awake." She said walking in and sitting on my bed.

I couldn't believe it. She knew i hated pink. Why was she doing this to me. First the stepfather and now the outfit?

"So i was think maybe we could go shopping. Like a mother daughter kind of thing." Super. Was she going to buy me a pink outfit? Is this what it's all about? I bet she thought maybe if she showed me around town that i'd be her social butterfly.

It's time to see the truth mom. I'm nothing like you. I will never be able to talk to a stranger as smoothly as she does. I thought she would know this by now. I don't go to parties or talk to everyone like they're family. She even hugs them.

I got dressed in boot cut jeans and a green plaid tied up t-shirt. Stepped into some comfortable red convorses and letting my hair loose today, i walked down the stairs. Before i could walk into the kitchen, i saw them kissing.

Great. Just great. Last night i had to sleep through their love making and now they're making out?" Come on can't i get a break?

I cleared my throat and stepped into the kitchen. They pulled apart immedietly. I forced a smiled, "well good morning everyone."

Rob nodded, "so Charlie how was your night last night?" Not so great. You do know those walls aren't as thick as you think. I wanted to say, "fine."

My mom cleared her throat, "so Charlie are yo uready to go shopping?"

I nodded, "yeah sure. Where exactly are we going? I didn't see any malls yesterday." My mom laughed. What was so funny? "Um honey there are no malls here."

No malls? How am i suppose to survive here? The malls were the only place i go for clothes. She rolled her eyes at my shocked face, "don't worry there's these little shops downtown. You'll love the clothes there."

Little shops? That meant i would have to make conversation with the cashier. That meant i'd have to talk. Why was my mom doing this?

"Great." i lied.

Rob rubbed his neck. Was he uncomfortable? Did he want me to leave? "Your mother tells me you like smoothies."

Oh my gosh i love smoothies. Any kind anywhere i'm your girl. I decided to play it cool. Maybe this was some kind of trap, "yeah."

He shrugged, "well there's a smoothie store i think you'll like. You mom could drive you there after you two go shopping."

My head popped up, "smoothie king?" My mom laughed, "no it's Tropical's and i'm going to tell you now there's not going to any huge and famous stores here in Hilton. There's not even a walmart."

No walmart? You can't be serious. That's where i get all my groceries. I practically memorized everything that's in it and now she's telling me there's no walmart. That's the place where i go in and get out without having to talk or try to make conversations.

I groaned, "can we just go shopping and get this day over with?" More like this summer. I just wanted to go back to California. Back to where my life was and where it's peaceful.

My mom sighed and put a plate of pancakes in front of me, "finish your breakfast and then we can go." Well at least she remembered i love pancakes!