Chapter Three

It's been a week since i arrived at this hell hole. Today is Monday morning and I woke up to california girl by Katy Perry. I groaned. Who the heck could be calling me at. I looked at the clock. Whoa it's 10 in the morning. I put on my glasses and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" i asked. My dad did get me caller id but apparently the number's unknown.

"Hi Charlie sorry if i woke you up." It was Daniel Preston. What did he want? I wonder if he knows his son is a bully. I cleared my throat, "what is it Mr. Preston i mean Daniel?" He sighed, "listen i know this is last minute but an employee of mine just called in sick and i was wondering if you could work for her."

I bit my lips. Today was the day i would get to stay in without my mom or anyone bothering me. It might be the only day i get to myself. But this was Daniel. What if he decides not to hire me anymore after this? What if this was a test?

I looked out the window to see Blake with only a towel around his waist and his back towards me. Oh my gosh he was so hot. Why did he have to be so cool. There's no way he's going to like me. Suddenly he turned around and saw me.

I ducked down from the window. Crap! "Are you still there?" Daniel asked through the phone." I cleared my throat, "um yeah just thinking." I looked out my window again to see taht Blake was gone. Dang it now he's going to think that i'm a creeper.

I decided to just go to work today. At lease get something out of today. Maybe he'll be there. Maybe he'll like me when he knows i work for his father. I doubt it though. "Um i'll work for her." He let out a breath that i didn't even know he was holding. Did he need a replacement that much? "Great get there by 12 ok.?"

I was about to nod but then stopped myself, "yeah i'll be there. Bye." I hung up the phone and layed back down on my bed. My heart was still beating fast from the whole Blake thing.

I walked into the kitchen expecting some kissing scene in front of me. Instead, Rob was in this real fancy black suit that must've costed a fortune. My mom was making eggs and bacons. I could smell the toasts.

"Good morning Charlie." Rob said picking up his suitcase. I smiled, "morning um where are you going?" He laughed. I wasn't trying to be funny if that's what he was thinking. "Work. Where do you think all the money comes from?"

My cheeks turned pink. Why was i so stupid. Of course he was going to work. It's not like he's going on a date. He was already married to my mom. "Oh where do you work?" I asked. I watched him grab a toast and a cup of coffee. Was he late or just ignoring my question? He shrugged, "there's this huge magazine company in Savannah, Georgia."

I stood there mouth wide opened, "there's a magazine company in Georgia?" Just so you know i love magazines. People, Us, you name it. I always loved watching Ugly Betty on t.v until they stopped airing it. I want to be like her someday. Except not ugly and maybe be able to get contacts someday so i don't have to wear these ugly glasses.

He nodded, "yeah you interested in working there? I could probably get you a job."That sounded great. Except i had already agreed to work for Daniel and i don't want to say no now. Especially because we live right next to each other.

(A/N: i just realized that Daniel is Betty's boss in Ugly Betty too. LOL) I shook my head, "i already agreed to work for Daniel remember?" He nodded, "oh right. Well let me know if you change your mind." Believe me i want to change my mind so bad.

He walked out of the kitchen. I sat down in the chair beside the counter. My mom puts a plate full of scrambled eggs, bacons, and toast on my plate. "Thanks mom." she nodded, "so are you sure you want to stay in today?" I wish i could but karma had other plans. I didn't get why i deserved this. I haven't done anything wrong.