Chapter Seven

"Oh my gosh you would not believe what happened yesterday." Emily brags.

We're in this apparently Girl Power club that Emily so loves. Her friends are all in this club and i have to say i like them so far. None of them are like Cassandra. They even gossip about her.

Here's what i've learned about Cassandra from them. Her dad's a rich lawyer with a really famous law firm. Her mom's like a really hot model who's apparently had a little bit of work done or should i saw a lot. Ok let's just say she got a ton of work. The girls showed me a picture of her before and after and she really looks different. You don't even know it's her.

I suddenly felt a tap to my left. I looked up to see a red headed girl. She was petite and tall. I smiled, "hi." She shuffled her feet around awkwardly. Finally she looked up at me, "i heard you're in charge of the dunk tank game."

I nodded, "yeah i didn't really volunteer but i'm just doing it because i really don't want to talk to Cassandra. Plus it's not that bad. I like being wet. Why?"

She sighed, "I don't know it's just because of what happened last year."

What happened last year? Was this what Emily and Nate were keeping from me? Is it that bad? It can't be. I mean it's not like it's an army tank or something. It's just a game. But i wanted to know what all this was all about,

"What happened last year?" I asked.

She looked around to see if anyone was watching and then she pulled me to the corner. Where no one could see us.

She took a deep breath, "The name of the girl who was in charge last year was Abagail Branson. She was my friend. It all went back to Kindergarten when she and Blake started being friends."

"Wait Blake was friends with her? How come i've never seen her around?" I asked surprised Blake even had a girl as a 'friend'.

She nodded, "Well they were friends up until 8th grade when she started gaining weight. Blake stopped being her friend. Soon he was with the 'cool' kids and was mocking her and stuff."

Wow i never thought he'd be that cruel. He knew a person for 8 years and suddenly when they've changed, you just unfriend them. Like you' never knew them at all. There's another reason to hate Blake.

"Well that is until 10th grade. It was towards the end of 10th grade that Blake started talking to her. He was really nice and asked her about her day. I told her there was something fishy about it but she was too happy. I mean the friend she thought she would never talk to again just became her friend again. She told me that Blake was actually sweet."

The girl said and tears started coming out of her eyes. She wiped them away immediatley. Clearly she was tired of crying. I have a feeling i'm going to hate Blake even more and i might even go as crazy as killing him. Maybe no but you never know.

She took a deep breath and continued with her story,

"Then it was the summer after 10th grade. Blake kept telling her to be in charge of the dunk tank game. He told her she love being wet and this was just a  fun game. I told her it was a bad idea. Just because Blake was friends with her didn't mean the other guys did. She didn't listen to me and volunteered anyways."

She started crying again and this time she had to turn away for about a minute. Was this story actually that sad? Blake and Abagail were friends again. Did Abagail just move away making Blake mean again? Does she just miss her friend?

She turned around and started talking again, "During the day of the fair, she went on there and that was when Blake became like stone. He started hitting it over and over. His friends were doing the same thing. She fell like a thousand times. They even called her names like fatty. She ran home after that crying and i never saw her again."