11 Damage

(Y/n) didn't know what to say. At first, she argued against it, her mind getting that little bit more unstable, but eventually, her mind gave in. She stopped talking and nodded to Kurt who quickly pulled her into a very tight hug. It was a relief to (Y/n) that he didn't try to stop her, but it was slightly upsetting that he wanted to go with her. She really wanted to be the only one that the Professor had to lose.

But Kurt convinced her, so she kept to her deal. Her only fear was that the Professor would see into Kurt's mind and find out their new plan. That didn't stop her from convincing Hank to train her to target multiple targets at once though. They continued with just one for a bit before Hank found a way for her to target two. He insisted that she try staying calm for the first few times, just to get the feel of it. The first few tries were fails, as it was when she tried for just one. The first day of training, there was no progress made, but quite a lot of broken Sentinel shells. Although with the help of Penny, Hank was able to put them back together. After about four hours of training, (Y/n) was exhausted so Hank decided to let her rest until the next day when they would try again.

"Hey, (Y/n)." Hank called out to her just before she left.

"Yeah?"

"I know you're tired, but would you like to watch the others train? See what you're up against?"

They both chuckled and she nodded. Hank explained the process of the others training, depending on their powers. Peter and Kurt both appeared in front of them, dressed, and ready to train. Then the others came including Penny, Matt, Scott, Storm, and a few other new students. (Y/n) sighed softly as Jaedon never showed up; none of the other students had seen him and people thought he ditched the school a while back. Everyone quickly lined up and Hank opened the panels to the back of the room, each student had a Sentinel in front of them, specially programmed and designed for their powers. Hank showed (Y/n) that he could manually control each Sentinel from the panel in front of him; he only controlled them if they switched to other students.

(Y/n) watched as each of the X-men used their powers to keep the Sentinels away from them for defense training. Kurt and Penny had the easiest time as Kurt could teleport away and Penny could use force fields. Retreat was the easiest for Peter, Kurt, and Storm. Offense was Scott's field of expertise. (Y/n) had never seen the other students' power before. She quietly leaned over to Hank.

"What are the other students' powers?"

"Well, Matt has the power to control water. Here, we mainly practice retreat and defense. Emily has the power to control and manipulate sound waves and Malissa can control gravity-"

(Y/n) started to zone out as she watched Kurt teleporting away from the Sentinel everytime it got too close and using his acrobatics to retreat. She also found herself mesmerized by Scott's optic beams, quickly blasting the arms of the Sentinel everytime it reached for him and blasting the legs to retreat if needed. Hank noticed (Y/n) zoning out and simply smiled. He tapped her arm lightly to get her attention and she snapped back. He chuckled.

"See, I told you that you'd enjoy watching the training."

"Do you train anymore, Hank?"

"Not really. If I do, I tend to train alone or with one other person. There's a newer student named Darren that has a similar mutation as I do."

"Is it fun? Training with someone just like you?"

"It's definitely interesting."

"Kurt look out!"

Hank and (Y/n) looked up just in time to see Kurt almost being hit by Scott's Sentinel; it wasn't looking back to him and pursued Kurt. Penny used a shield to stop the Sentinel's arm just before it came down, while still blocking her own. Kurt quickly teleported back and Peter ran into him when he reappeared. Hank quickly disabled the Sentinels and ran over to Kurt and Peter, making sure they were okay. (Y/n) couldn't help, but just stare at what she saw. She distracted Hank so he couldn't monitor the Sentinels. She took a couple steps back as her mind raced. It wasn't anything big, but for some reason, she saw it in her mind that she could've killed Kurt and the others. She gripped at her head and dropped to her knees with a thud, alerting Scott as he ran over to her.