Chapter 8: A Glimpse of the Past

━━━ 1st of July, 2020 ━━━

10:17 P.M.

A lump of pillows and blankets almost bury Yujin alive on her bed. No words can explain on how much she wants to take a good rest after all the activities that she did today. Especially playing baseball with Eunbi, that drained her so much to the point she can't feel her wrist moving.

She then tapped 'play' on her laptop. The sound of the trumpets made her feel giddy and relaxed.

Not even 20 minutes of resting, a knock ringed throughout her room. Yujin being Yujin, she decided to just ignore it; as the knock was so soft-almost as if the person who knocked doesn't want to be heard at all.

But then another knock. This time, the person behind it even twisted the locked door knob.

"Yujin? May I come in, please?" The girl said softly, quietly.

Yujin groaned as she stayed still in her comfortable position that took her about 7 tries to get into.

"Yujin." The girl said, firmly this time.

With a irritated sigh, Yujin got up and slipped on her slippers. She walked so slowly, and lazily.

Twisting the door knob open, her eyes came in contact with the girl who interrupted her rest time.

"What is it? As far as I know, Yujin signed off earlier, already." Yujin said, as if she's making the girl remember that she already yelled a 'good night'.

"I just need help," the girl said softly, and Yujin knows it has a hint of aegyo. "I need to get this box at the basement and it's pretty huge and heavy," The girl pauses before fiddling with her fingers, like a little girl asking for candy to her mom. "Will you please help me?"

Yujin just sighed before nodding her head. She doesn't know why the girl asked her to do it when there are 10 more people in this house.

Yujin then closed the door of her room before walking to the basement, but the other girl stayed infront of Yujin's room.

"You can go ahead, I just forgot to get something. It's in my room. I'll be quick."

Yujin just internally rolled her eyes and nods, proceeding to the basement.

The puppy then noticed something very strange. The door of Hitomi's room that is the next to the stairs leading to the basement is wide open. And she, herself knows that Hitomi locks her room everytime. Knowing that the girl is scared of the basement.

Hitomi's eyes then widened when she saw Yujin. Without saying anything, Hitomi ran to her door and slammed it close.

Weird.

Yujin then yawned; she took 2 steps at a time while going down the stairs. The light that is usually turned on at the side of the door is off.

The puppy then got shivers, goosebumps. Like a bucket of little spiders was dumped to her back.

Shrugging it off, Yujin opened the door, and there; the dusty, old basement welcomed her. The thing is that; at the very end of the room that leads to their garage is locked with a heavy padlock. The small rectangle window at the right side of the room is shut close too, there are even duct tapes in the small crack, to seal the seams close.

Being the brave girl that she is, she sat on the grimy, old sofa to wait for the girl. After 5 minutes, a slow, heavy footsteps welcomed Yujin's ears. Something was also being dragged.

"So...where is that box?" Yujin asked as she hears the door clicked close. Unknowingly bullets of sweat trailed down on her face.

"Hmm, I think it is at the very left corner. It's color green."

Yujin walked there, an uneasy feeling budging her stomach.

That girl is acting so weird, why is she wearing gloves in the summer heat? Plus a mask too?

Now the only thought Yujin has is to get that box, go to her room, and lock her door shut. Her hands became cold too, and the puppy doesn't know why.

Actually it is her first time to get this scared and uneasy. Her body produces cold sweat, and she just feels her gut telling her to get out of that room, now.

But she couldn't, so she quickened her pace while shuffling through the cardboard boxes and old belongings.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips when she saw the green box. She then grabbed it, heck it was so light, even a kid can lift it up. She turned around with the box on her hands when,

"I had enough,"

And the next thing she felt is a throb of pain in her head. Blood dripping, and a bat banging on the floor.

She should have listened to her gut feeling.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

• notif! •
new messages from: g&w= fm
2:40 A.M.

[ignore time stamps

[ignore time stamps.]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
httpcherryulcola
07.11.20
i'll update later....maybe idk hshshs
i didn't proofread too hihi. sorry for any mistakes.♡