Chapter # 5

I went home deprived of any energy left with the inability to think and feel anything else. I entered and saw mother pacing around the house, when she saw me she rushed to me and began to exclaim with worry,

"Oh, Jessica, help me. Your father is taking me out for a dinner could you help me to choose me dress?" I raised my void gaze and met her worrisome one. I swallowed the lump in my throat and opened my mouth to speak something but I knew that the only sound that will escape my lips would be a sob.

"Jessica? Are you okay, sweetie? Tell me, did something happened?" She asked and my lips began to quiver. I took a deep breath and again curved my lips upward to hide my anguish,

"That red empire gown with a golden belt you wore when at my birthday, Father loved it." I spoke faintly and was about to leave but mother asked,

"You okay, love?" my back was facing her but I can feel her concern. I just nodded and walked away. My walked from the stair to my room was painfully slow as I felt all the thing around me came to a halt.

I pushed the door opened and walked inside and locked it. I leaned on the wall and closed my eyes as I fall on the ground. I hugged my knees and put my chin on it as let out deep yet rapid breaths.

For the first time in my life, I loved someone and this what happens to me? I never knew the feeling of rejection hurts that much. An agonizing pain that make you feel so desolated, heartbroken and devoid. I pressed my teeth against themselves and after not being able to hold my emotions in me any longer, a silent tear rolled on my cheek followed by a stream of them. A soft sob escape my lips soon accompanied by the loud sound muffled by my hand over my mouth. I began to cry my heart out not being able to bear this tribulation anymore which is breaking my soul in a desperate manner. I let out this suffering in the form of tears. The hurt feeling rushed in my veins as the concealed sound of my cries rang in my ears. His words echoed thorough out my soul, giving it an endless tormenting feeling.

The tears had no halt, even though I was mentally prepared for it but I never thought that It'll hurt that much that I won't be able to recover from it, left with no emotion but heartbreak. My heart felt heavy, my cries began to suffocate me as I breathing become so difficult and I left immersing deeper in those abyss, I can never return from. The devastated form of mine felt this feeling of affliction in me giving me intense grief.

Love is a ravage.

***

After letting out this feeling, I remained like that for I don't know how long. My door knocked as I asked in low voice,

"Who's here?"

"Dear, me and dad are going out. I have cooked the dinner and served it, you eat you haven't eaten anything ever since breakfast." mother said concern.

"I am not hungry." I replied in my cold voice.

"Please dear. If something happened then tell us, at least don't starve yourself." Father said this time.

"I'll eat before you guy will come, don't worry, I am studying." I said.

"Is it about studies?" Mother asked. I remained silent and didn't reply to make it look convincing.

"Dear, you are doing great, we are proud of you, don't stress yourself and let it make you feel down. We are here with you." Father reassured.

"Thanks.. you guys enjoy.." I said.

"okay, take care sweetie and make sure to eat your food."

"Okay love you!" I said trying to sound cheerful which was apparently impossible.