Prologue

Kamek flew hastily towards the castle, a bag swaying on the tip of his broomstick. He flew high above the clouds, not wanting to be seen. Good thing it was a foggy night.

The castle soon came into view. Kamek dipped his broomstick down towards the castle and prepared to land. He flew in quietly (he didn't want to wake anyone) and performed an almost perfect landing on his broomstick (he had quite a lot of years of experience on it). Then he picked up the bag and walked into the kitchen.

As Kamek set the bag down on the table he realized something. He looked at the bag. I only got one?! Kamek stood rigid. He couldn't believe he had only snatched one bag!

Kamek growled and mumbled under his breath before sighing. It can't be that bad. I can still get the other one. I'll just see which one I'm looking for.

With that Kamek opened the bag to reveal an infant with beady black eyes staring at him. The baby had a large nose, brown hair, and was almost completely naked except for a diaper and a hat. The hat was the main thing Kamek focused on because it was a large distinguishing feature of this particular baby. The hat was green. In the front of the hat there was a white circle with an "L" on it.

Kamek sighed, again, and walked out of the room to order the troops to find the other baby. The troops all nodded and told him they would do their best before heading out into the night. Kamek watched them disappear into the fog before turning and heading back into the kitchen.

The baby just looked up at Kamek curiously and held his arms out. Kamek ignored this gesture and began preparing a bottle of formula for the baby to drink. Kamek didn't know how long the troops would take and he couldn't just let the baby starve (I mean he may be bad but he's got some morals).

Kamek swaddled the baby in his arms and put the bottle in his mouth. The baby began drinking the formula until it was all gone. Kamek then burped the baby and put him onto a chair in his room with lots of blankets so he wouldn't fall off. Kamek left to check on another young creature as the baby slept soundly beneath the covers.

...

It had been about a week now and all Kamek had gotten was news about how the Yoshis were too difficult to take down and were already on their way to deliver the other baby to his parents without knowing about his twin. Kamek sighed and told the troops to call off the hunt.

Kamek knew they wouldn't be able to get the baby as soon as he heard he was in the care of the Yoshis. They were a tough group to go against and though they weren't the smartest of species, they always did what they thought was right. It made them almost impossible to defeat.

Kamek sighed and went to check on the baby he had gotten. When Kamek entered the room he found the baby stuck in his blankets, struggling to get free. Kamek couldn't help but chuckle a bit as he helped him. It had been a while since he had last laughed.

Kamek took the baby in his arms and realized that he didn't know what to do with it. Was he going to drop it off at an orphanage? Or leave it in the woods? No, no he couldn't do that, then the baby might still grow up to fight against him. But that only leaves one choice if you want to be 100% sure he will never rise against you, raising him.

Kamek knew this was the best option. Even though he wasn't sure a certain someone would approve.

Kamek carried the baby down a corridor and into a room where a small toddler dragon-turtle thing was playing with his toys. Kamek knocked on the opened door to get the toddler's attention. The toddler looked up, annoyed at the interruption.

"H-hello Bowser, may I talk to you?"

"What do you want?! I was playing with my toys!" Bowser pouted.

"Sorry your poutyness but I must talk to you."

"Okay. Just make it quick!"

Kamek nodded and placed the baby in his arms on the floor. "This is your new brother, Luigi." Kamek gulped as he waited for a reply.

"But I don't want a brother!"

Kamek knew this was going to happen but he hadn't lost hope yet. He just had to convince Bowser. "But, sire, think of all the fun you could have: he can play with you, do some of your chores, and maybe even help you with your evil schemes."

Bowser stared at Luigi, who was sucking on a block left on the floor, for a second before grumbling to Kamek. "Fine, he can stay..."

"Thank you your stubbornness." With that Kamek left the room and started walking towards the kitchen. Kamek hadn't had dinner yet. But right when he reached the kitchen door he heard screaming coming from Bowser's room, something about a toy.

Kamek sighed. This was going to be rough.