A Day in the Castle

Everyone was fast asleep. They were quite exhausted from being on the airship for almost the whole night. Sarassaland was much farther than the Mushroom Kingdom and it was in the middle of a desert, which made everyone hot and thirsty. When they got home the only thing they could think about was going to sleep.

But the night couldn't last forever and eventually the sun came up. But that didn't stop the best sleeper in the kingdom from well... sleeping. Unfortunately, he slept too much and awoke very late in the day.

Luigi sat up and looked at his clock. 10:14? Oh no! I'm late for breakfast! If they're still having breakfast...

Luigi got out of his pajamas and into his usual attire. He put on his green shirt and slipped his overalls over it. Kamek had no idea what clothes to buy Luigi as he got older so he gave him the same kind of clothes that he had when he was a baby. Though when Mario became Bowser's sworn enemy Kamek begged for Luigi to change his clothes but Luigi refused. Luigi liked his style and he wasn't going to change it just because some copycat was wearing something similar.

Luigi pulled on his shell, put on his horns, and grabbed his hat. He put it on his head and looked in the mirror. Luigi looked great but he never thought so. He was a bit insecure about not being an actual koopa. It kind of made him feel isolated.

But Luigi knew it was all in his head and that he was just making a big deal out of nothing. Kamek and Bowser always told him that. He just had to believe it. So Luigi shook off the thoughts and headed out towards the dining room.

He made it just in time. Everyone was just about halfway done with breakfast. Luigi prepared a plate for himself and went to sit down at the table when he felt a tapping on his shoulder. He turned around to see Kamek.

"Good morning Luigi. You woke up late, again. And since it's so late shouldn't you bring your prisoner some food? I bet she's quite hungry."

Luigi jumped up a bit. He had totally forgotten about kidnapping Daisy. She was probably getting really impatient and even more hungry! "Oh shoot! T-Thanks Kamek I completely forgot. I'll be right back."

Luigi put his food down and went to prepare food for Daisy. Then he ran down to the "prisoner's" rooms and knocked on Daisy's door. There was only silence.

Luigi stood there trying his best not to get nervous. He felt a bit nauseous but shook it off. He always gets like this around people he doesn't know much and Daisy was taking a long time, which gave him more time to think about how he could mess up. Luigi began to shuffle his feet around (one of his nervous habits).

After a bit of time he heard some movement and footsteps. The door rattled a bit and opened to reveal a tired looking Daisy with messy hair.

"What do you want? I was sleeping you know."

"Oh, I'm sorry for waking you up! I-I just wanted to give you your breakfast." Luigi felt bad about waking Daisy up but at the same time relieved that someone else had waken up late today. "You don't have to eat it right now, i-if you don't want to. Or you c-could eat it l-later o-or not at all. It's r-really up to you."

Daisy gave him a tired smile and yawned. "No, it's alright. It was late anyways. Let me get ready and then I'll come for breakfast."

"C-come for breakfast?"

"Yeah, that's what you came here for right? Or were you just going to drop some food off and leave?"

"N-no! Not at all! I just t-thought I d-didn't hear you correctly! Sorry..."

Daisy yawned again. " Whatever you say," she said nonchalantly, "anyways I'll see you in a few minutes." With that Daisy closed the door and began to get ready.