Part One

"So you see, the poem is ironic because the 'D' the child was awarded with was the missing letter" Mrs Dyer tells me.

"Yeah" I sigh, with my right hand pressed against my face. I really don't need this right now. Mrs Dyer is my privet tutor that comes to see me every day to help me study. If I'm honest, I don't even care about school anymore. I just want this to end so I can live my life the way I want to. I don't have any life ambitions now anyway. All I care about is the love of my life and fiancé, Nathan. We've been engaged for just over a month now and I can't wait until the time comes where we can finally get married. I wish I could get married to him now, but with me being just sixteen makes that almost impossible. I already know which wedding dress I want and everything, the only thing stopping this from happening is my age and the fact that I will have to wait until I turn eighteen, unless I get my parents consent and let's face it, that's never going to happen. It's like they hate me, but to be honest, I haven't really made it easy for them have I?

At that moment I hear the front door open, which pulls me out of my thoughts and back to reality. "Rheanna?" Mrs Dyer asks me, with her eyebrow raised. She must have asked me a question, but I never know the answer anyway, so I don't see why she bothers.

As Nathan walk into the dining room where I'm sat with Mrs Dyer, I can't help but smile. It was different when I lived at home, because he was around all the time, but now his work has picked up again and I'm left home at home with Mrs Dyer. "Hey beautiful" he says as he walks over to me and kisses me on the head.

"How was work?" I ask him, as I look up at him with a smile, completely forgetting about Mrs Dyer.

"It was alright, I guess. Jay slipped over again and ended up knocking all the recording stuff over, which is no surprise" he says, with a slight giggle. "You alright Mrs Dyer?" he asks, finally noticing her standing next to him.

"Yes, thank you" Mrs Dyer says, but I can tell she isn't happy. She knows better than anyone that when Nathan gets home, it means lesson over, whether she likes it or not.

"What have you been learning today then?" he asks me, as he wonders off into the kitchen. Probably to get a beer, that's what he normally does after work. Not so he gets drunk, he just has one or two.

"We've been doing about poems" I say, as I stand up to follow him. I know he was listening anyway, but I just like to see him when I'm talking to him. Once I get into the kitchen, I find Nathan with a can in his hand and a smile on his face.

"I used to hate that" he sighs, as if he just remembered everything about it. "There's a lemonade in there for you" he smirks, pointing at the fridge. He must have noticed me looking at the can.

"Shut up" I laugh, as I slap his arm playfully. He laughs for a second, before putting his arms on my waist and pulling my body close to his. He rests his forehead against mine, before slowly leaning in and kissing me.

He pulls away slowly, whilst saying the words "I love you". I say the words back to him, before wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling his head towards mine, until our lips touch again. He's only a tiny bit taller than me, but I still have to reach up slightly.

"Excuse me" I hear Mrs Dyer say from the door way. Me and Nathan both turn our heads to the right so that we're now facing the door. I don't let go of his neck though and we keep out bodies touching. "I'm going to leave now. I'll see you on Monday, Rheanna" she says.

"Alright, bye" I say, before looking into Nathan's beautiful green eyes again.