Part Four

The next morning I wake up with my head against Nathan’s chest. I look around the room and then I realise that we’re still in the living room, we must have fallen asleep. “Morning beautiful” I hear Nathan say, as I feel him kiss me on the top of my head.

“Morning handsome” I smile, as I look up into his perfect green eyes. He smiles back at me, before opening his mouth to speak, but before the words have time to come out, Nathan’s phone begins to ring. He quickly feels around until I see him pick his phone up. He presses a button, quickly, before pressing the phone to his ear.

“Hello?” he sighs down the phone. I can’t really tell who it is, but I know he obviously doesn’t want to speak to them much. “What tonight?” he continues. “Do I have to?”, it’s probably his mum. He always turns into a child when he’s on the phone to her and this sounds like one of these times. “Alright, alright, I’ll be there. Calm down” he says, whilst rolling his eyes. “Bye then” he finally hangs up the phone, before dropping it next to him on the sofa.

“Who was that?” I ask him, trying not to sound nosy. I know we’re officially together now and everything, but he could still leave me at any time and I don’t want to do anything to hurry the process along.

“It was Max. He’s arranged a get together this evening to celebrate Jay’s engagement” he sighs once more.

“Oh right, so what’s up? You normally love a good party” I ask him, slightly confused.

“Yeah, it’s just, that party should be for us. We’ve been engaged for ages now and we still can’t tell anyone, not even our family. It’s horrible” he says, whilst hugging me tightly.

“I know it’s hard, Nathan, but we need to remember that we love each other and when we finally get round to getting married, it will be even more special” I tell him, in the hope that it might cheer him up a bit.

“I suppose” he says, but he still looks unsure. I slowly lean up and kiss him on the lips to reassure him.

“What times this party anyway?” I ask him, as I pull away.

“It starts at about half eight” he sighs, as he looks down at his watch.

“And where is it, at Max’s?” I ask, as I glance at his watch. It’s only half eleven.

“Yep” he sighs. “So what shall we do for nine hours?” he asks, sounding slightly chirpier.

“Well if we’re going to be partying all night, I want to get a new dress” I tell him and he just rolls his eyes.

“Fine” he sighs, as he genteelly moves my head off of his chest and then stands up. He then turns around, so he’s now facing me and he reaches his hand out to help me up. I hold onto it and he pulls me to my feet.

We make our way up the stairs and towards our room, so we can get changed. Before we know it, we’re sitting in the car and on our way to town. I love it when Nathan takes me shopping, because he always insists on paying for everything, not that I can pay anyway. I’m sixteen years old and so far, the only job I have is one I do on Saturdays. I hate it! The boss is a pervert and the pay is rubbish.

We finally find ourselves in one of the many car parks in town. “Come on then” Nathan says, as he fixes his sunglasses on his face and then gets out of the car. That’s another thing that annoys me. Nathan always has to go out with sunglasses on, so he won’t be harassed by teenage girls every five minutes, which means I can’t stare at his amazing eyes, like when we’re at home.

I soon get out of the car, and I slowly walk over to Nathan’s side, where he quickly locks up the car and then takes my hand, as we walk towards the busy town. It takes us hours to find a decent dress shop and even then I can’t find a good enough dress. If I’m going to go to this party, I will have to look perfect, or everyone will be sniggering behind my back and saying how Nathan is too good for me, which is true, but I don’t want them to know that.