Chapter Eighteen: The Project Part 2

//666 follower upload! Thank you guys! I don't know when I'll upload again, but I figured I could at least do this//

~*~

After school, Izuku lingered at the gate. Todo-chan and Kacchan had both left already, and it had really hurt Izuku's heart to see them leave without anyone watching their backs. But alas, Izuku had some business to take care of.

Izuku wasn't stupid- he knew it, his teachers knew it, his mother had known it- there was no doubt in his mind that taking out any of the Three would be difficult. Almost impossible for a first year student like Izuku, who technically didn't even have a Quirk. But it was fine. He had something in the works that would make taking down those with powers much easier.

He had just been sneaking up behind his victims and stabbing them, which was honestly neither the safest nor most sensible way of collecting Quirks in the slightest. No, what he had been experimenting with would make his goals much easier to reach.
It was a Quirk suppressant and tranquilizer. However, there were some things he needed to tweak to get it to work properly.  It was more like a fast-acting poison than anything, and the Quirk suppressant part couldn't be observed until Izuku figured out how to stop it from killing his guinea pigs.

It was frustrating, but still immensely thrilling as he progressed toward his goals.

Anyway, at that moment, he was waiting for a certain member of the Big Three to exit the school. He figured he could start on his Big Project while he waited to perfect his tranquilizer.

The target in question was a young woman. She was considered kind and welcoming- despite her blunt way of speaking- and she was well liked.

She was also very powerful. But it was fine. Nejire Hado would be the perfect way to infiltrate the Big Three.

Mirio was kind, sure, but Izuku figured he could be cautious and secretive when it came to important business. And there was no way Izuku would be able to befriend Tamaki on his own.

Yes, Nejire was his best bet.

The girl stayed at the school later than the other students, making it incredibly easy for Izuku to approach her as she came out of the building. She walked with a purpose that made her look big despite her stature. Conversely, Izuku hunched in on himself, approaching her with practised hesitancy.

"Are you... Nejire Hado?" he asked, as he intercepted her path. He wrung his hands together, looking down at the pavement before looking up to meet her blue eyes.

The girl looked at him with her head cocked for a moment, before her face lit up into a smile.

"That's me!" she chirped. Her eyes flicked up and down, taking in Izuku's appearance. "And you are...?"

Izuku blinked. "Oh! Uh, I-Izuku Midoriya!" he gave her an aborted bow.

"Well, Midoriya, it's nice to meet you! What can I do for ya?"

"Um, well..." Izuku glanced off to the side. "I'm doing a paper on influential Quirk users, and I figured why not do it on our own school's Big Three!" Izuku offered Nejire a closed lipped smile, eyes gleaming and hopeful.

Nejire hesitated for only a moment before clapping her hands together. "That sounds awesome!" she exclaimed, "I'm so flattered that you would even think of us."

"Why wouldn't I? I've always looked up to you guys..." Izuku mumbled the last bit and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well shoot, how could we deny a fan? I'll let the boys know, and we'll schedule a get together! Does that sound good?"

Izuku's grin could've split his face in half as he nodded his head. "That's great!"

"Here," Nejire started, rooting around in her uniform pocket and taking out a pen. She grabbed Izuku's arm and turned it until his palm was in the air, scribbling something on it. "We'll be in touch, okay?"

Izuku stared at the number on his hand and nodded.

"Well! See you around, Midoriya!"

Izuku watched her leave with a sense of satisfaction. The brief encounter had been exceedingly rewarding. His heart beat weirdly in his chest. This was so exciting.

~*~
Art Corner

This wonderful art is by PapyrusTheLady!! Look at his crazy little face, I love it

And then we have this lovely art by insfiresman6371!! Really bringing out the stalker element

And then we have this lovely art by insfiresman6371!! Really bringing out the stalker element. Creepy, but the little pictures of Bakugo and Todoroki are so cute!

//I don't know how to write Nejire, Lord help me. And I am severely underpractised when it comes to dialogue- forgive me!!//