{Part~14} Practice match

Author~chan's POV~

it's been many days since kuroko got used to Teiko, because of the members of Kiseki no Sedai who always support her and always accompany her every minute and hour. sometimes they don't get together because of their different schedules and they always leave kuroko behind. they also kept in touch with kuroko because they knew that kuroko was not very close to other students. and worse she still has no new friends to make.

they know that unlike kuroko her older brother Sakuya, she is not happy and socializes with other people to make friends so easily, she is also not the type of person who can trust other people. and they know that.

because of what happened to kuroko's older brother a few days ago, they still can't forget what happened then, especially kuroko who caused her to have a trust issue and trauma who also caused them to argue with each other. 

but all of that is over as well and thanks to Sakuya who woke up kuroko to the truth. He was right, it's not bad to trust people again, is it? we all have problems and trust issues because of fake people hurting us. but that doesn't mean we don't have to trust people again. and even one of the people in this world has been betrayed because we do not know who we need to trust or not.

others betray us not because we are naive, they betray us because we are too kind to notice the sins they have committed against us.

that's what kuroko learned, even though she knew in herself that she hurt the feelings of other members of Kiseki no Sedai including Momoi. she saw that those people did not give up.

no matter how painful it felt. 

they want to get to know kuroko well.

because they knew, that kuroko could only make their hearts run so fast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"My back hurts" Kuroko groaned angrily as she tried to punch her back with her left fist.

"eh? don't do that! I'll just give you a pain reliever instead" Momoi yelled as her hands immediately grabbed Kuroko's fist, while one of her hands was digging inside her bag.

"ah? I don't need that anymore, I can punch my back to get rid of the pain" 

"Baka! just shut up there and let me take care of you"

kuroko who let out a huff like a child scolded by her mother after doing something naughty at her school, she snapped her head in the other direction ignoring what Momoi said, and just waited.

several days have passed and kuroko's basketball practices with other members of Kiseki no Sedai have begun. she has also met many other so-called friends. but for her, her first time practicing at the basketball club was not fun. but annoying

to her recollection, when she entered at that time their locker room. the first thing that appeared in her eyes was the many female members of the girl's basketball club. of course, she thought that day would be normal so what she did was she just walked on one of the benches in the locker room not paying attention to the others who were looking at her with blushes on their cheeks.

but she did not think that the silence she had hoped for would be broken so easily. 

all she just remembered that all the members of the basketball club are in front of her while screaming and shouting like fangirls. of course, she didn't know why they were like that, but when she heard the word 'cute' and 'little' she felt her head would explode in annoyance.

because why not? throughout her life, her fellow children never called her 'cute' or 'little' because they knew that even if kuroko was quiet, she could overthrow everyone who tried to bully her. and the other kids don't like that. it's better for them to stay away from kuroko than to be beaten too much.

but...at that time, the people around kuroko were not afraid to tell her those words. kuroko feels she was defeated by those normal people.

"who do they think they are, to call me that?" Kuroko whispered in annoyance that she still couldn't get those annoying words out of her brain.

"wait..." kuroko's eyes snapped big as she remembered the face of a girl she had met last in their locker, she immediately pulled one of her hands away from Momoi who she knew had finished placing the pain reliever on her back. she wasted no time and quickly grabbed the collar of Kise who was next to her quietly eating her bento.

"e-eh?!" Kise's cheeks blushed when he saw his face and neither kuroko were close to each other. "kurokocchi, just wait give me a little more time before I kiss you!

"ah?" they fell around in silence when they heard the strangest thing Kise had said in his whole life, Akashi sighing in annoyance he pulled his scissors out of his pocket.

"what the hell are you sayi-

"what are you saying, Kise-kun?" kuroko raised an eyebrow "I just want to ask you something" 

"e-eh? i-is that so?" 

kuroko's hand released Kise's collar and went back to her seat.

"you know, you can ask us and not that fool" Midorima spat in anger as his hand hit Kise's head.

"Okay," kuroko shrugged and continued again "who is the captain of the basketball girl club again?" 

Akashi who stopped eating, he looked at kuroko wonderingly as if he was thinking. when did kuroko take an interest in others?

"you mean, Reira?" Akashi replied. "why? is there a problem with her?" 

Kuroko remained silent as her mouth parted as if she had more to say. but in the middle, she closed her lip again when she heard the bell.

"Sumimasen min'na, but I need to go back to court, we still have a practice match that will take place later" Kuroko stood up straight with her feet close to the rooftop door, but before she could open it she looked again at the other members of Kiseki no Sedai.

"I hope you watch later in our match" Kuroko smiled one more time before she finally left in front of the others