Chapter 4: Heroes And Villains

One Week Later...
.
You and Gwen look down at your Uncles and her mother's graves. Aunt May and Gwen's Father stand next to you two.

"George, " May said. "Let's leave the kids alone."

"Sure, " he agreed.

Both George and May walk away from you two. Gwen kneels down to the graves nearly crying.

"I can't believe that they're gone, " you said.

"Me too, " Gwen said with tears now in her eyes.

She stands back up and you place your hand on her back. Next thing you knew, Gwen hugs you and buries her head into your chest.

You were caught off guard by this but went along with it. Slowly, Gwen pulled away from you.

"I'm sorry, " she told you.

"Don't be, " you said. "I understand."

Gwen turns back to the graves and says "I just can't believe that no one stopped that man before he killed my mom and your uncle."

"Me too, " you lied.

"I swear, " Gwen said with anger now entering her voice. "If I ever meet someone that could have stopped him, I will make sure that they SUFFER!"

"G-Gwen, " you said. "Don't you think that you're being a little extreme?"

She looks you in the eyes. "No!" Gwen answered. "If you can help, you sure help."

"Then why don't we do that, " you suggested.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"We can put our superpowers to use, " you told her. "Ghost Spider and Spiderman."

"Like... Superheroes?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess, " you replied.

"I like that, " she told you.

"Then it's decided, " you said. "We'll be the heroes of New York."

"But you're gonna need a new costume, " she said.

"Yeah... I know, " you replied.

She actually managed to smile. "Together, we'll work on it, " Gwen said.

Two Weeks Later...

You come out of your room and tell your aunt "I'm headin' to school."

"Okay, be safe, " she told you.

"I will, " you replied.

Walking out of the house, your crime alarm app goes off. Some thugs stole a car and we're in a hot speed chase.

You text Gwen "get that alarm?"

"Yeah, " she answered. "I'll see you soon."

"Gotcha."

You run into an alley and pull out your costume and put it on. Now you were ready to take on whatever happens.

 Now you were ready to take on whatever happens