Chapter 18: The End

Y/N groans as his vision begin to set in. He slowly moves his head around and notices that his mask was off. He quickly moves his hand to his face and began to look around rapidly. He began to sit up until a sudden sharp pain forced him down.

"Jeez, would you relax?" said a feminine voice.

"Huh?" he responded before turning his head to the side to see Gwen with her mask off. "Oh, it's you."

"And me," said the voice of a man.

"Huh?" he said again before turning again to see George Stacy. "Oh..."

"I told him," Gwen said to her ex-lover.

"I figured," he replied. "You aren't going to try to arrest us, right?"

"No. Especially not since only you and Gwen are the only ones to defeat that Lizard bastard," he answered.

"And after?" Y/N inquired.

"No. I realize that you two are important to keep this city safe," he replied.

Y/N turns away from him and relaxes his body. "Good," Y/N said.

Gwen wakes over to him and sits on the edge of the bed Y/N was on. "I'm glad to see you're awake. You were in some rough shape," she told him.

"Really? I thought I was in smooth shape," he sarcastically replied. Gwen and George both chuckled at his comment. He looks at Gwen in the eyes and asks "did you take down Lizard?"

"No. I know I can't beat him on my own. But you are in such a bad state that I don't know what we can do," Gwen replied.

"Who cares about the state I'm in?" he asked. "We should care about what Lizard is doing."

Gwen looks at him confused. "Y/N, are you sure?" Gwen's father asked.

"I am. As a hero, you're supposed to give your all. Even if it means death. I know you would do the same, Mr. Stacy," Y/N answered.

"You won't have to do it alone," Gwen told him while placing a hand on his shoulder. Y/N looks at the girl who was once his lover. "I'm here to help you. Even if it for this one night."

"Thank you, Gwen," he replied.

"I never thought in my life this shit would ever happen but here we are," George commented.

Both Y/N and Gwen chuckled. "You should have seen his face when I told him that I was Ghost-Spider and you were Spider-Man," she told Y/N.

"I bet it was priceless," Y/N said.

George looks out a nearby window and tells them "I think it's time for you two to head out now."

"Alright. Y/N, you think you can do this?" she asked him upon standing

"Yes," he answered before sitting on the edge of the bed and forcing himself up. "I got to do this."

"Hold on," George said before walking towards a cabinet. "Take these," he told Y/N before tossing him a bottle.

Y/N looks and sees that they are painkillers. "Thanks," he said before opening it.

"Don't take too many. Just enough so you can fight without issue," George told him.

"So take too many," Y/N said before dropping a few painkillers in his hand.

"Sure," George replied.

Y/N takes the painkillers and swallows them. He puts the cap back on and puts it to his side and webs it down for when he'll need them later. "Thanks," he told George.