Chapter 11: Have Dragon Will Travel, Pt. 2 (Reign)

Ooh boy, here we go, you guys. Here comes some of the good stuff. Here come the plot twists. And sure, there's the one that most people are expecting, since it's part of the episode, but who knows? Maybe there's more than one. Maybe things will be forever changed by the end of this chapter. Just saying ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- --

I reached my hand up and smacked Hiccup's shoulder, trying to get him to snap out of his horrified state. Not that I blamed him, of course. If we couldn't do something soon, Heather would be as good as dead, and not only did I want her to stick around for a long while, but no way did I want to give Dagur that satisfaction. Just because I couldn't totally despise him didn't mean I wanted to see him succeed in any capacity.

"Hiccup, we have to save her!" I cried, trying to get him and Toothless to move. Without warning, Toothless suddenly shot forward, nearly throwing me off as the three of us dashed for Dagur's ship. Nothing about what we were doing was subtle in any way, shape, or form, and as a result, my brother spotted us in just moments.

"Well, look who the dragon flew in!" he shouted up to us. "Glad you could join us, sister. It wouldn't feel like a family reunion without you. Oh, and of course, I couldn't possibly forget you, Brother Hiccup. Now, take out that Night Fury!"

'Family reunion'? What in the name of Thor was Dagur going on about this time?

Bolas and ropes were tossed in our direction, attempting to at least clip Toothless and cause him to flinch, but he was too fast, and they all ended up several feet away from us. Hiccup managed to steer him right to the center of the ships, giving us an open shot at all of the chains. Good thing Dagur's men weren't exactly capable, otherwise this might have been hard.

"Blast the chains, Toothless, now!" Hiccup ordered. Toothless began to fire plasma blasts at one of the silver restraints, but instead of breaking apart like expected, it almost seemed to absorb the blast, remaining in one piece. "Dragon-proof chains?" Hiccup circled Toothless around, trying to look for a weak spot we could expose. Reveling in his assumed victory, my brother cackled and pointed at us.

"Nice try, Hiccup. You didn't think I'd make it that easy for you, did you?"

We were running out of time. Though Heather was trying her best to get out of the chains, she just wasn't strong enough—not that any one Viking could be—and Dagur's men were close to reeling her and Windshear in. My eyes desperately searched the armada, when another bola suddenly whizzed past us, catching us off-guard.

"Whoa! Okay, that was too close. Come on, bud."

Toothless dove back down again, closer to the water this time, and managed to pretty much sneak into the center of the armada. That's when my eyes landed on the wooden winches being used to crank in the chains, and an idea popped into my head.

"If we can't blast the chains... blast the winches."

Right as one of my brother's men removed a net to wrap Heather up in, Hiccup cried out, and Toothless fired at the winch on his boat. I so desperately wanted to stay and see the look on Dagur's face when he realized his sister had outsmarted him again, but we had to get Heather out of here now. Toothless destroyed the rest of the winches, allowing Heather to push the chains off her and Windshear and get back into the proper riding position.