Chapter 2

Several characters in a few games that were able to reach their monitor were pressed up against it concerned. The woman who had been fixing some of the games and updating them was laying wedged between ' Fix it Felix Jr' and 'The Flying Air Dogs' game. One sneakered foot was twitching. The surge protector who was one of the few who could travel between games and beyond jumped to the telephone line and called 911.

Felix frowned adjusting his collar. He was due to meet up with his gorgeous wife For a night at the candy cafe a little game that was geared towards the younger audience. You could make coffee, decorate donuts and scone and it was generally a festive cheerful place. He could see there was a commotion but jumping up to the top of the building peering out didn't show him what the commotion was.

He sighed and then glanced at his reflection in the window of the roof's door. He smiled pleased. They had obviously gotten something new as the colors of his clothes were brighter and the definition of his face higher. Of course he was no where near the pixels his wife was and that was ok by him. He left the roof and headed to the door to catch the train to gaming central. He passed Ralph who had picked himself up out of the mud and was moving to his shack looking concerned as he peered at the monitor trying to see what was going on.

" Hey brother your looking pretty bright today." Felix said. Ralph gave him a dead pan look. Felix frowned and motioned to their clothes. " Brighter, we look brighter, think we got a new video card cool huh? How do I look?"

Felix did a twirl causing Ralph to smile and roll his eyes. " Yea, yea man you look bright. Excuse me while I get my sunglasses. Big date tonight with the missus?"

" Oh Jimany Jaminy you best believe it! Can you believe we've been married a year already? Why it seems just yesterday I was flat on my back with her gun against my neck..." Felix trailed off his cheeks taking a honey glow and his eyes dreamy.

Ralph snickered " Yea I think she just likes beating you knowing you can fix your face anytime you want."

Felix grinned taking Ralph's teasing in stride he knew the giant meant no malice. " How bout you and the princess? Doing anything today?"

Ralph shook his head. " Nope today she has a meeting. We'll be getting together tomorrow for a race. She wants me to help her build a new car." He turned then looked back at Felix who was heading to the train stop. " and it's PRESIDENT Vanellope von Schweetz Felix she really doesn't like being called princess you know."

Felix waved at him then paused " Er you doing anything brother? You want to come have a float with us?"

Ralph shook his head " No thanks I got a few things to work on in my shack, sides don't want to be a fifth wheel."

He groaned at the concerned look on Felix's face and hoped to heaven the little man was not going to try to set him up again.

" Felix it's fine. Just go please? If you make your wife wait she might come shoot me."

Felix grinned at his humor and then got on the train settling back contemplating the night ahead.

After Felix pulled out but before Ralph had a chance to get to his shack blue and red lights seemed to show up in the arcade.

He found himself staring at the screen. He couldn't see what was going on but there was enough commotion to disturb him. After a moment he shrugged and headed to the dump. Whatever it was didn't have anything to do with him. Ergo he put it from his mind. Whistling softly to himself he approached the stack of bricks that he had built up into a kind of walkway to his shack and he stopped in his tracks.

There were a pair of tennis shoes sticking out from behind the pile of bricks he had not sorted yet. He put a hand on his hip and scratched his head. He wasn't afraid exactly, this was his game and in his own game he could kick ass and nothing could kill him here but he was puzzled.