Chapter 15

- Real Life -

Josh frowned shifting foot to foot. Dr Mollay was taking his sweet time over the lovely lady who was in a coma. He had actually tried to sneak into the room when the large doctor appeared. Beating a hasty exist with linens in his arm he had managed to slip out without raising suspicion.

He couldn't wait all morning however his shift ended at 7 am. The doctor wasn't even doing anything that he could see. He sat at the patients bed held her hand and seemed to be talking to her.

Josh was a little worried she was waking up but he didn't see any signs that she was responding to the big man. He nervously looked down the hall. The nurses were making morning rounds and sooner or later he would have to finish his rounds. After a moment he gave up and hurriedly began going from room to room collecting linen and depositing fresh linen. One RN needed help changing a bed which he did so.

He was disappointed but he assured himself there would be another time. In fact he was giving serous thought to making use of one of those dainty but strong looking hands. He liked strong women. Sadly strong women never stayed strong in their doings with him. They tended to turn into whiney bitches when he spent some time with them. Luckily this one wouldn't. It made his heart beat lighter and higher. This was his true love he just knew it. She would love him and never complain of anything he did. Why she might not even mind one night if he brought his big brother along. These thoughts kept him perky while he did his job smiling and making little old ladies laugh and being goofy for the little brats and blowing up rubber gloves into balloons for them. Lordy life sure was fine sometimes.

Meanwhile in Dani's room Dr. Malloy was rubbing her hand between two of his trying to warm them up. He pressed the call button and nurse Johann answered.

" Johann can you please bring a warm blanket in here? Mrs. Mcdeal feels awfully cold."

Johann warmly agreed and five minutes later after she had finished her chart she walked in and proceeded to cover up the woman in the bed. Dr. Malloy, despite not being a nurse or a patient care assistant helped her and made sure to tuck the cover around her feet and her arms under the blanket. He absently ran a finger over the scars on her right arm grimacing.

" She can have surgery to remove those can't she?" Johann asked softly. Mallory shook his head.

" No the burns are inside they can't be scoured. Maybe she could get a tattoo to cover them up?"

Joanna gave him a look smiling slightly and shook her head. Malloy also grinned abashed " Yea ok maybe not a tattoo...but you know they look rough now but once time has had a chance to heal her they actually might look very pretty."

"Johann you've been here when Jessie has been in to visit has she said anything about our patient being afraid of snow? "

Joanna frowned at him. " Snow? Who on earth would be afraid of snow? "

" People afraid of snow." Malloy winked at her to let he know he was teasing. She chuckled, checked the vitals machine then shook her head.

" Nope what I hear is how she got into a fight once because someone in a club call her friend a fatty."

Malloy's eyebrows rose " Mrs. Mcdeal?"

Johann nodded stepping towards the door she turned to Dr. Malloy and grinned at him.

" Yep, someone called her friend fat and Mrs. Mcdeal took exception and dumped the woman's drink over her head. The woman got snarky with her but no matter how hard she tried Mrs. Mcdeal is pretty light on her feet apparently she ducked every blow until the woman's wig fell off and she had to retreat."

Malloy laughed loudly surpringing himself. He looked at the comotose woman with new light in his eyes. " Did you really? You must have been dancing Mrs. Mcdeal."

Joanna chuckled to herself than glanced at the clock. " Oh! Doc you better get on home or you'll be here all night again. You really need to get rid of some of that baggage under your eyes."

Malloy rubbed the back of his neck with one large hand. " Yes you're right I do need to call it a night I just felt like...I dunno...like maybe I'd better stick around just a bit longer. You ever have one of those feelings?"

Joanna had already left the room heading for her desk.

Dr. Malloy glanced at Dani again and then leaned down to tuck her blanket around her shoulders a bit more. That was the only reason he heard the hoarse whisper that came from her slack lips.

" Save me."