Chapter 31

********real life***************

The doctor on charge quickly checked her pulse.

" No pulse, get ready to apply paddles."

They jerked her gown down exposing her chest and quickly slapped on sticky pads that the paddles would be pressed on to avoid giving her a burn. Oxygen was placed over her nose and mouth and a tube of adrenaline was placed in her IV port if needed.

" Charging...charging..."

***********************game world******************************************

Ralph stood up and shook his head. For a moment he felt dizzy. He stood still and took stock. His aches and pains were already fading as his programming kicked in to regenerate what it was able to. Luckily he hadn't died so a trip home would see him good as new.

He squeezed his eyes shut and then opened them to look around. Turbo was no where to be seen. He spotted a figure crumpled on the floor.

" Oh no! " He exclaimed softly hurrying over to her.

" Dani? Dani wake up!" He patted her cheeks gently. Then shook her. " Dani? wha..."

She suddenly disappeared and then reappeared falling through his arms back to the floor.

" Wha the?..." Ralph stared down at her helplessly not sure what to do.

********************real life*******************************************

" Clear!" The first powerful jolt of electricity lifted Dani straight up from the hospital bed before she fell limply back onto the sweat soaked sheets.

" No pulse. Charge up to 270...charging charging..."

" Clear!"

**********************game life***************************************

Ralph had just reached out to try to wake her when she did it again...she simply vanished and reappeared.

" Holy cow! What's happening?!" Vanellope appeared by his side while they both watched Dani seemed to simply disappear and reappear.

****************real life*********************************************

" Clear! "

" No pulse, push adrenaline and charge to 320...charging..."

Malloy stood at the hospital door helplessly. He squeezed his clipboard so tight he accidentally broke it but he was so distraught watching what was happening to his patient he didn't even notice the jagged end slicing into his hand.

"Clear!"

************************game life*********************************************

" Ralph! What do we do?!"

Vannellope watched the her friend disappear and reappear again but this time it was apparent she was fading like a ghost.

He leaned forward suddenly kissed her.

" Hey you think she's snow white or something?!" Vanellope snapped.

Ralph didn't respond he kept his lips pressed against hers and both of his large hands touched her head keeping her anchored to something. It seemed to work. He could feel her form trying to vanish but it wasn't able to with him holding on. Though she still appeared weak and somewhat dim she stayed attached to him.

**************real life******************************************************

" I have a pulse! I have a pulse! Get me an EKG!"