Chapter 35

***** real life ********

A mouth piece was placed in Mrs. Mcdeal's mouth to prevent her from biting her tongue. Malloy sighed and glanced around. He should have been seeing other patients but he had gotten permission to be here for the electroshock therapy. A healthy blood panel and MRI had convinced him to go ahead with the procedure.

Still he wished there was something else to try even if they were only using low voltage. He supposed he was just worried that she would feel pain. He had been assured however that sedated she would feel nothing. The nurse hooked her up to the EEG and then nodded.

" Ok Dr. Shane we appear to be ready." Malloy said stepping back.

******game life*******

Dani took a deep breath. Virtual sweat was pouring down her face. She was horribly aware that whatever EMP she managed was not going to be strong enough to clear the grid and were the game characters safe? Were they really? She didn't know. Everything she was doing was in theory with no way and no time to test it. She tried to tell herself that if she fried all the games she would at least beat the virus from doing the same thing.

She just wouldn't enjoy it as much.

Her arm went from tingling to burning to suddenly hot. The heat made her grit her teeth and squint her eyes against the blue glow. Her whole arm appeared engulfed in blue flames. She was suddenly sure that it still wasn't enough no matter how cool the effect may be. She slapped her hand down on the ground releasing the energy. The blast caused everyone to fall over as if the floor had become liquid and given a toss to knock a bunch of boaters over. However most of the virus's flew close to the ceiling away from her and easily avoided the shock.

She looked around feeling defeated. Game characters, some of them badly damaged by the virus attack, were carefully getting up. Scared white faces peered around. Almost in slow motion she saw Ralph pick up a motionless Vanellope. He looked at her with anguish in his eyes. Dani cursed and turned to the Surge protector.

" Take me to the outlet!"

The surge protector shook his head " You'll kill us all if you shut down the power for to long. Not all the games will reset!"

Dani suddenly grabbed him in her right hand and picked him up able to handle energy with energy. " Take me now! "

The protector huffed then grabbed her hand and whisked her across the game central to the main plug. Dani hurried towards it trying to gather up the electricity she had available. She knew what she was crazy but she had to try.

*******Real Life*****

" Turn the amp up to 100 please let's do this slow and easy." Dr. Shane took the prongs with the conductors on the end and placed one on each side of Dani's temple.

" Ok clear everyone ready please this will only take a moment. Charging."

****Game Life***

Dani knew she was about to do something stupid beyond belief but she had to. She took her right hand which was again glowing brighter and brighter and she aimed it at the outlet.

" Dani look out!" Ralph yelled frantically.

Something hit Dani and she glanced down frowning. It had felt like someone had sucker punched her in the chest.

" Gotcha!" Turbo said softly. He gave her an almost tender look turning his bladed claw slowly around to cause pain.

To Dani's shock she saw a bladed claw coming out of her chest. He had stabbed her from behind. Crackles and lightning began to leap out and about with no control. With her last moment she stabbed at the outlet allowing all the electricity to flow through her like a beacon carefully channeled by all the surge protectors who had been waiting tensely for this moment.

**** Real LIfe ****

" Zap her."

Dani twitched and her brain waves spiked up for a moment or so before settling back down.

Malloy frowned at the what her brain waves went flat. They hadn't done that before,

" Do it again!" Malloy said quickly.

Right turning up to 200...charging,,,,everyone clear..."

*******Game life *****

Ralph got just a glimpse of Dani. Her whole body seemed to glow a white hot blaze that pulled the viruses to her. A pulse came from her and flew through the game central and all the games plugged in. The force knocked over the game characters again and blew like a strong static shock wind hitting everything every where.

" Dani!" Ralph found himself trying to crawl amidst the confusion. She hadn't been skeward surely she hadn't really been skeward the way it looked like it had.

The power flickered as the viruses began shrieking at the blazing light near the outlet. Flying helplessly towards it.

***** Real Life *****

"..and on my mark ...mark." The stronger jolt sent her brain waves into a frantic spiky frenzy and she frowned lifting a hand up briefly as if to rub her head.

*****Game Life*****

The light flickered dangerously.

" Don't shut off the power! " One of the protectors cried in alarm.

Dani looked down at herself the virus was gone but her body was damaged and she could feel a pull like she never had before. She was painfully pulled away from the outlet. She staggered few steps and fell to her knees. Instead of becoming more solid and less energy she continued to glow brighter and brighter.

" Dani!"

Ralph tried to grab her hand but his hand simply went through her. He had to squint his eyes to look at her. He suddenly knew without being told this was the pure energy she had lost when the lightning had struck her.

" Oh Dani, don't leave me." He said brokenly.

Dani tried to touch his face. Her voice was faint and she was dissolving into beautiful sparkles.

" I won't. I told you it'll be alright now. Don't forget me and go play quarter."

He felt the lightest of touches on his lips and realized she had kissed him.

He didn't care about appearing manly, he didn't care that he was 9 feet tall, and people had always been afraid of him giving him a certain

reputation.

Ralph put his face in his large hands and wept bitter tears.

*****Real life *********

" HOLY GOD GET IT OUT OF ME!"

Everyone including Dr Shane jumped in fright and stood mouths open as the woman who had been sedated and had taken two minor shocks to the brain was suddenly able to leap out of her coma, sit up in bed and scream.

She looked sorry too. She glanced around sheepishly " I'm sorry. I was having a nightmare. "

Malloy regained his composure first.

Mrs. Mcdeal welcome back! We need to run some test on you but I think you're out of the water! I'm..."

" Ralph?" Dani stared at the doctor in front of her, He was built but obviously not a gym guy, His face was soft with gently rounded cheeks and cute pert nose but it was his eyes she kept being drawn to. They were kind and a warm brown with flecks of gold in them, Laugh lines ringed his mouth and eyes, He brushed his dark brown hair away from his head and it simply sprang back into place. He took her hand in one large one and patted it.

" I'm Dr. Malloy, Well Ralph Malloy but I've been presiding over your case.

Dani began to cry leaning her head into Mallloys broad chest.

" There there...it's not so bad you're out of the woods and your alive!"

Dani continued to cry.