Chapter 33

All day Ralph was a little off. His game was off because of it and it was a miracle they didn't get an out of order sign. Q bert and the bonus level guys helped cover for him when slipped up but all in all the game was not good.

Finally the arcade closed and Ralph was able to hurry to his shack and to find out how Dani was doing. To his shock and anger she was gone.

" I don't believe this!" He fumed.

Felix heaved a sigh and shook his head. " I cant believe Turbo's back."

Ralph frowned at him " Actually I don't think he ever left. He must have replicated a Cybug egg...he could have done a thousand for all we know."

" Oh my lands that doesn't sound good." Felix took his hat off and wrung it briefly in his hands. " I better go tell Calhoun. Maybe the Hero's Duties games could spread out and try to look for them."

Ralph nodded. " I'm gonna check on Vanellope and then we're gonna go find Dani."

Felix frowned " But Ralph Vanellope can't leave her game can she? "

Ralph glanced around making sure they couldn't be heard " Actually Dani redid some of her code so she could."

With a sigh Felix put his hat on. He shook his head but didn't say anything more about the legality of such a thing.

They both boarded a train and headed to game central.

At game central they were met by both Vanellope who was gawking around having never been able to leave her game before and Calhoun who wore a face like thunder when she heard about Turbo.

" Bastard. Why didn't I think of that? It's what virus's do they replicate. What's this I hear about that gamer destroying him? "

Ralph and Vanellope tried their best to describe what they saw. Calhoun looked skeptical at first than thoughtful.

" Well in a roundabout way that makes her a beacon." Calhoun said thoughtfully. " That's very helpful if we're dealing with renegade Cybugs. Where is she? "

Ralph shook his head." I don't know she was gone when the arcade closed. She could have been gone all day, I didn't get a chance to check."

They looked around at all the games plugged into this central station. There were actually several central stations throughout the arcade since the owner could only plug in so many games into one electrical outlet. Getting from one to the other was difficult but not impossible. Ralph felt a welling of dismay there was at least a hundred to hundred and fifty games in the arcade. Looking for Dani would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Worse yet Ralph wondered glumly if she had gone home.

" Ralph! "

" Dani!" Ralph caught her up in his arms and kissed her he was so happy to see her. He hugged her tightly until she complained.

" Ralph?! Sweet heart?! I can't breath!"

" Oh! Oh sorry." He set her down quickly than leveled a glare at her. " Where have you been? You had me scared to death! Can't you just leave me a note or wait till I get off work before you take off?!"

" Sorry had to speak to the surge protector."

Ralph scoffed. He had never liked the surge protectors since they always targeted him.

" Why? "

Dani looked excited " Surge protectors are directly in touch with the electricity of the outlets that the game central is plugged into. They always have electricity and during blackouts their safe until the electricity comes back on because of the surge protector device in each game central!"