Chapter 34

************Game Life**************

Calhoun came straight to ' Sugar Rush ' with Felix, Ralph, and Dani. Sure enough she found several eggs in hibernation and destroyed them. After they had crawled all over the sticky gooey sweet game Dani did a check on the codes for any viruses trying to replicate. It was a slow job and boring but important.

Calhoun decided that the chances that the virus had jumped to a different game central when it had so many games so close was small. So they began a systematic search game by game checking Fix it Felix next. The odd hand held finder Calhoun had made short work of checking for eggs. Longer it took Dani to check the codes.

Finally Calhoun impatiently had Felix follow her for eggs leaving Ralph and Dani alone to check codes behind them. To help in the search she pulled up some of soldiers and 'Sugar Rush Racers'.

Exhausted Dani climbed out of the code for Fix it Felix and gave Ralph a thumbs up. "All clear" she said. She felt on edge and nervous. Ralph walked with her over to Pac Man. The ghosts and Pac man helped them search the game. It was so simply coded a virus would have shown up right away so Dani only had to do a quick spot check of it's codes.

They made a decision to game jump to the simpler games first and save the harder ones for last. They crossed paths with Felix and Calhoun and were dismayed to hear that a dozen eggs had been found and destroyed.

" Damn." Ralph sat down on a game central bench. " How do we beat this? There's no telling how many eggs there are or where there at."

Calhoun holstered her gun. " We'd better get moving we can't just sit around and hope he goes away. There's no telling when he planned to activate these eggs or why he's waited so long."

Dani shook her head. " Look...a virus can be stopped at it's source...were would he have that source? Where did he first go after his game Turbo Time?"

A racing game called 'Road Blaster' that got unplugged with his." Felix replied.

Dani sighed " Well he has to have a source he didn't walk into Sugar Rush just knowing how to reprogram code HOLY MOTHER MARY OF GOD IS THAT I THINK IT IS?!"

Startled at her cry every one turned to ' Flights of Fancy ; where Malcolm was holding court with several female game characters. He was proudly holding up a cybug egg and started petting it turning this way and that so everyone could admire it's green glow. It broke open causing an odd thing with a weird shaped head and many legs to fall out.

Startled Malcom dropped it. It scurried into his game.

" No no kill it kill it!" Vanellope screamed. Calhoun out paced all of them and she barreled past Malcolm and into his game without so much as a glance.

Dani stopped at the entrance while everyone else rushed in to stand in front of a slack jawed Malcom.

" Where did you find it? Where was it? " She slapped Malcom hard when he continued to stare shocked into his game were there was a ruckus raised.

Malcom shook his head and glared at her. " It was in a rain forest part of my game. I thought Belthar had laid some eggs and that I would be getting a new batch of dragons."

" When did you find it? " Dani asked trying to think of the best way she could use her programming skills.

Malcom shrugged " I noticed a commotion the day the lightening strike hit. All my gadgets reset on me. I had EMP for days after wards."

" EMP? Electromagnetic impulses? Oh my gosh...the lightning woke up Turbo the EMP stimulated the eggs to open. Oh no this is horrible! No wait! I can use this! " She turned to run when Malcolm grabbed her.