Chapter 14

Dani accepted a cup of hot chocolate from Sour Bill who was watching her concerned. She was embarrassed beyond belief. Seeing the fear and concern on both Ralph's and Vanellope's faces made her feel guilty for scaring them so badly though she had no control over her reaction. She wasn't prone to seizures.

" I'm sure it was nothing..." she tried again.

" Nothing?! I've never seen anyone glitch so bad in my life and believe me lady I would know. "

" Any idea what caused it? " Ralph asked placing a blanket over her shoulders. She really hated the fact he was taking care of her like she was a helpless baby.

" No." she said curtly.

" Fear." Sour Bill said picking up a frond shaped piece of licorice and fanning her with it.

" What?" Ralph glanced at him startled. Sour Bill looked a bit uncomfortable. "Sometimes Princess Vanelope would glitch when she was really angry or scared. Well madam didn't look angry but it sounds like she was pretty scared."

Dani cringed as all eyes swung her way.

" Is that true?" Vanellope demanded. " Did you freak out cause you were scared? "

Dani stood up and handed Sour Bill the cup of hot chocolate. " Welp been great meeting you and loads of fun but I gotta go."

She turned to leave. Ralph quickly fell into step with her and Vanellope scrambled after her.

" Look I promise I wont laugh or anything but I'd love to have you come back and if something here scares you I'd like to know so I can you know...get rid of it or hide it or something..."

Dani kept walking.

" Come on lady there's nothing wrong with being scared of something, I was scared all the time that my game would get unplugged and I'd die cause I can't leave my game."

Dani glanced briefly at the little girl. " What does it matter to you if I come back or not?"

Vanellope hopped in front of her moving backwards with ease meeting her eyes with earnest hope.

" Cause you're fun, You make fart brain there blush and well I'd like to see you spend more time with him ..."

Dani opened her mouth as did Ralph.

" As FRIENDS...I mean admit it it's more fun then just sitting at the dump or drinking yourself stupid at Tappers right? "

Dani paused hands clenched. She blew out a breath an dropped her head briefly. Ralph and Vanellope stood silent.

" Snow." Dani said softly.

" What?" Ralph asked, her voice had been so soft he hadn't understood her.

" Snow ok? I've got Chionophobia, fear of snow alright? I freak out when I see it."

" Ohhhh." Vanellope said " Powdered sugar mountain looks like snow...I gotcha...wow...I'm sorry I would have sent you a different way heck we could have gone off track even if you wanted. Well no foul it won't happen again right Ralph? "

" No it won't." Ralph said grimly. " You had no business racing in that kart anyway you could have killed yourself!"

Dani sighed rolling her eyes. She was feeling a little better albeight embarrassed as hell. She felt like she had been sucking a mouth of pennies and her heart was still racing. Not to mention the cold sweat that had covered her body was just now drying but she was hoping Ralph wouldn't notice.

Unfortunately he looked like he saw everything. He was definitely not dumb.

Vanellope sighed and took Dani's hand.." Look let's go back to the castle, we can play poker, or charades or something."