i

01

L U M O S S O L E M

( LOO - mos SO - lem )

" produces sunlight "

_______________

GINNY LINKED HER arm with Lyra as the pair trailed behind everyone else. The Weasley had taken Lyra in when her father left for a six month long work transfer to Wales.

"So you're telling me that this Cedric guy was your first kiss." Ginny asked in a hushed whisper as the reached a clearing.

"Yes!" Lyra chuckled, "Honestly it was nothing and we're just really good friends."

"Yeah, friends with benefits." Ginny cackled, Lyra didn't have chance to reply.

Mr Weasley was calling the girls to hurry. Ginny let out a choked sound when Cedric came into view. The two redheads shared a knowing look, smirking at each other.

Lyra launched herself at her fellow Hufflepuff, making him stumble back when she engulfed him into a warm embrace. George and Fred began to wolf whistle at the two, who eventually let go of each other.

"Morning, Mr Diggory!" Lyra chirped, scuffling towards Ginny.

"Morning, Dear." Amos smiles, tilting his khaki rain hat at the girl. "Right, we haven't got long, everyone grab the boot!"

Hermione and Lyra looked sceptically at each other. Their gaze turned to the dirty boot in the middle of the field, it looked chewed and smelly. Which it was.

Nevertheless, everyone gripped onto the boot. Lyra held the cleanest section she could find - which was still caked in dirt.

Lyra felt herself lift off the ground, her eyes solely focused on Ginny, who was also shrieking like a madwoman. Lyra clamped her eyes shut, feeling the wind whip her flowing hair.

"Let go!" Amos shouted, his voice muffled by the wind.

"Are you crazy!" Lyra screeched, "We'll die!"

Fred, who was right beside Lyra, gripped onto her waist. He peeled the girls fingers off the boot - despite her protests. The two span through the air, Lyra didn't let up on her ear splitting cry.

The two, along with most of the Weasleys, slammed into the grass. Lyra watched Cedric, his father and Arthur Weasley float to the ground like a pair of angelic beings. Cedric stretched a hand to Lyra and pulled her off the ground, laughing at the girl.

"Piss off, Pretty boy." Lyra moaned, dramatically pouting like a child.

Cedric ran towards Lyra, scooping her off the floor with a yelp. The older Hufflepuff ran ahead, bounding up the small hill. Lyra looked in awe.

A sea of witches and wizards could be seen, different groups wore specific colours, showing their support for a quidditch team. The grass was dotted with small beige tents, the outsides looked big enough to fit two people - not a whole throng of Weasleys.

The large group weaves through the herd of people, Cedric finally letting Lyra back on the ground when he and his father left for their tent.