v

05

W I N G A R D I U M
L E V I O S A

( wing - GAR - de - um leh - vee - OH - sa)

" to levitate "

_______________

WHEN FRIDAY ROLLED around, word had spread about Lyra's DADA antics and her mystery uncle had finally been named - Severus Snape. The never-ending questions Lyra got asked started to get on her nerves. However, a certain tradition on the first Friday back was the only think keeping Lyra sane.

The Midnight House Pride Quidditch Match.

The first Friday of the school year, a group from each house sneak onto the Quidditch Field to play a friendly game. Lyra and Luna usually cheered from the sidelines, although they took it one step further. The two would fly around the edge of the field to cheer on their friends.

Her uncle had told her over the summer that every teacher knew this went on. They never disrupted it due to Dumbledore's orders - the matches brought house unity and he didn't want that to stop. Besides, no student had ever ended up with a late trip to the hospital wing, either.

The games mostly consisted of male quidditch players from each house, along with five girls: Lyra, Luna, Ginny, Hermione and Cho. Hermione refused to fly with Luna and Lyra - Luna usually gave in and sat with Hermione in the stands.

Lyra waited patiently for Cedric in the Hufflepuff Common room. It was usually just the two of them as the other Hufflepuffs preferred their sleep over sneaking out after curfew.

Cedric arrived in his very own Hufflepuff jumper and black drawstring bottoms. The professors all knew the children would be sneaking out at this time, and opted to turn a blind eye (although, they did ask Hagrid to keep a close eye on them.)

"Ready?" Lyra whispered, skipping towards the portrait hole. Cedric nodded profusely and followed after her.

They slipped through the corridors unnoticed, which was a miracle since they both donned yellow jumpers. The pair let out hushed giggles, the clouds of their frozen breath mingled into one.

The distinguishable sound of shoes echoed through the first floor corridor. The footsteps were too heavy to be a students, or even a female professor.

"Who's that?" Lyra susurrated, her answer came when an unmistakable 'meow' come from around the corner. "Go! Go! Cedric, run!"

Cedric slipped his hand into Lyra's, interlaced their fingers. He nodded slightly and sprinted on the stone floor, the soles of their shoes told Flitch exactly what he wanted to hear.

"Stop!" Fitch shouted from behind them, but it was no use, he couldn't keep up to them.

As Cedric and Lyra rounded a corner, both heaved and Lyra gasped for breath. The
older boy chortled at his friend before taking off again. Lyra let out a squeal as he dragged her along the final corridor.

Everyone waited for Cedric and Lyra to arrive, they were already seven minutes late - Oliver Wood had kept count.

"Honestly." Wood exasperated, "Why can't we just start without them?"