xviii

18

F  L  I  P  E  N  D  O

( fli - PEN - doh )

" to knock back "

_______________

MAY HAD ARRIVED after a myriad of April showers. Classes had become humid and longer than usual.

Lyra would return to her dormitory each night and stare at the greying cover of her borrowed book. The letters from her father and grandmother had explained their well thought out reasoning as to why she didn't know her Godparents and ancestry.

She saw little to no point in holding a grudge, she knew now, there was no harm.

A knock on her dormitory door brought her to reality, Cedric smiled brightly and entered the room; sitting beside her on her yellow bedsheets.

"You've not been yourself lately." Cedric murmured, pulling her into his chest.

"Studies and that," She smiled, "I'm all good."

Cedric sighed and dropped further on her bed, bringing Lyra down with him. They lay silently, Lyra listened to the rhythmic thumping of his heart and gave a sigh of contentment.

"How's training for the final trial?" Lyra whispered.

"I think I've got a chance at this," He muttered with glee, lazily playing with her red locks. "I really think I might win."

Lyra rolled onto her stomach and propped her face up in her hands, "I think the champion will be from Hogwarts," Cedric raised his eyebrow, "Because I love you both equally."

Cedric rolled his eyes, "I guess I love you too."

"Oi!" She smacked him playfully, "Cheeky prat."

_______________

The Slytherins had somehow convinced Professor McGonagall to let them play a friendly game of Quidditch against Ravenclaw. Albeit reluctant, she allowed the match to go ahead.

Daphne and Lyra walked ahead of Blaise, who wasn't on the Quidditch team. Daphne was filling Lyra in on any gossip she had, which was a lot for Lyra to wrap her head around.

"So let me see if I've got this right," Lyra asked, climbing up the wooden stairs inside the Slytherin stand, "Pansy shagged a fifth year, at midday with no silencing charms. You walked in, and now she thinks pregnant?"

Daphne sighed loudly, "Yep!"

Lyra dropped into the empty space between Daphne and Blaise on the first row, "At least it not Malfoy's," Lyra giggled, "Could you imagine his hair on her face."

Daphne broke into a fit of laughter, using her Slytherin scarf to cover her mouth as Lee Jordan announced the players. Daphne and Lyra cheered along with the other Slytherins — besides Blaise who was too busy flirting with Rory Rosier, a fourth year Slytherin.

"And they're off!" Lee shouted over the tannoy, "Chaser Nott in possession, he's going, he's going! Ten points to Slytherin!"