ii

02

A  V  I  S

( AH - viss )

" conjures birds "

_______________

SEPTEMBER FIRST ROLLED around far too quickly and everyone was now getting ready to board the Hogwarts Express. Lyra was waiting beside the entrance at King's Cross Station with her father.

James Fairfax was a tall man who had stayed in shape over the years. Being a police officer meant Lyra barely saw him in the holidays and spent most of her time with her uncle or the Weasleys. Her father had tamed raven hair and piercing blue eyes.

Lyra's mother wasn't present. She hadn't be there in the past to see her daughter off either. Truth is, Lyra hadn't seen her mother since she was ten; when she found out she was a witch. Her mother — who in Lyra's opinion doesn't even deserve a name — left her daughter and husband branding her child 'unnatural and filthy.'

"You'll pull me through, right?" Her father asked, even though he'd been through the entrance to nine and three quarters multiple times, he was still frightened.

"Yes, you baby." Lyra chuckled, "Come on, dad, I'll miss the train."

Lyra dragged her father behind her, tugging him through the wall onto platform nine and three quarters.

"I'll never get used to that." James grumbled, pushing her daughters cart. "Jesus, Mary and Joseph that family are blonde."

Lyra span on her heels to see a family of three heading in her direction. Lucius Malfoy has his typical disgusted sneer etched on his face. He was wearing black dress robes, similar to the ones he had on at the Quidditch World Cup. The woman walking along side him had hair just as fair as his. Lyra almost mistook her for a veela, she was beautiful. Her features were sharp underneath her pale skin and she walked with an air of elegance.

Lyra met a steel gaze, his eyes bore into her. His face was stoic, a mix of his fathers sneer and his mother's beauty. He was wearing a replica of his World Cup suit, only this time a Slytherin scarf was hanging loosely around his neck.

"Dad," Lyra began, tearing his gaze from Draco Malfoy, "Why don't you go and load my things with Mrs Weasley, tell her you're my dad and she'll help."

"Mrs Who?" He ask, looking over the crowd to see any indication of someone being named 'Mrs. Weasley.'

"She's the mum with the gaggle of redheads." Lyra chuckled, pointing to the woman with a smile.

Lyra watched her father battle with the trolly as he reached Mrs Weasley, who welcomed him with open arms. She chuckled to herself and span back around, only to be greeted by two blonde wizards and a blonde witch.

Lyra jumped in shock, letting out a frightened yelp, which prompted Draco to snigger at her. "Malfoy. Mr. Malfoy." Lyra nodded her head at the two before turning her attention to the woman.

"Mrs. Malfoy?" She asked. The woman nodded.

"Nice to see you again, Malfoy." Lyra smiled kindly, "Did you enjoy the Quidditch World Cup, I heard you were in the Minister's box. Must've been a brilliant view."