Chapter 5

A few days go by and soon the thought of Lexa falls to the back of my head as I find things to keep me occupied.

Arkadia is unusually quiet now that the grounders have been coming in fewer groups to be taught, but that's only because our people had a few complaints about the safety of the children. All thanks to my mom putting those thoughts in their heads.

My mom calls me every few hours to take my shift in medical or to check our medicine supply, which is now more plentiful seeing as the grounder's healers showed us how to make medicine from plants.

Jackson's usually in medical when my mom is not but sometimes they're needed elsewhere, like when someone gets hurt hunting or falls ill unable to move.

I wander around Arkadia, greeting the people working or tending to the farm before I run into Octavia. She's usually not in Arkadia often seeing as she's Indra's second and needs to be nearby in case she is needed. So this was a rare sight. She came to talk to my mom about some things going on in Polis that would need her to keep a lookout for. She then walked over to me to tell me that an ambassadors summit is being held tonight in Polis and I am needed there.

I went to go collect my things and then head over to the horses which were already saddled.

All I had on me was my hand gun, a sketchbook and some charcoal. Even though i'd be in Polis for more serious matters I don't see why I can't find the time to sketch some of the beautiful sites in the capital.

I gripped the reins of the saddle and pulled myself up, swinging my leg over the other side of the horse. Seeing as I just learned how to ride I wasn't very stable but it would have to do for the time being.

I saw my mom coming my way and sígnaled to the guards riding with us that I was ready, and with that we were off before my mom could come speak to me.

I didn't need to hear her complaints right now.

The ride to polis is about half a day on a good horse, so we didn't have any time to waste anyways.

I did have serious matters to tend to but other than that the only thing clouding my mind was Lexa.

I needed to act accordingly to whatever matter was to be discussed but I can't help but make her my main focus.

——————————————————————————

The Summit is tonight and there is much to do before the clan ambassadors arrive.

But first I have to apply my war paint and fix my hair, as well as put on my armor with my red sash seeing as this is an important meeting.

After the paint on my face is dry I put my knife in its sheath and decide to grab my sword as well. Preparing myself for the day I rest my hand on my knife sheath, it always seems to calm me down on big days like this.

Carefully hiding my emotions I walk out of my room seemingly expressionless.

I am instantly greeted with a guard passing me a letter from a courier returning from Arkadia.

"Set it in my room."

"Yes, Heda."

There are more important things to be done other than look at mail.

I am then greeted by Indra, who looks somewhat in a hurry.

"Heda, all matters have been taken care of. You are needed elsewhere."

I follow as she leads me down to where we keep our prisoners and I see Luna pacing back and forth inside a cell.

Her fists are clenched and her expression is absent.

There is no way to talk with her calmly with Indra and the guards here so I dismiss them.

With no hesitation, I walk to her cell and open the door. Aware of her current state I wait until she speaks.

She reaches her arm out awaiting mine then we grasp each other's forearms and look at each other with pained gazes.

"I have a request to make of you. As you might know we are in need of a new fleimkepa, and I had told my guards to go on a search for you and bring you back unharmed. I thought you would be a great fit for fleimkepa, as well as caretaker for the nightblidas."

Luna still had the same uninterested look on until I mentioned the nightblidas, she was very fond of them, had she met them once before.

She asked for some time to think about the request as it was a big one so in the meantime I asked one of my guards to find her a room.

I left her to get settled in her new room and asked if she'd like to attend the summit this evening, usually she would but she is very tired from traveling so I left her to rest.

——————————————————————————

Hey guys ! I hope you all like the story so far ! Let me know what you think & don't forget to vote ! Also summit next chapter :)