Chapter 12

We begin walking back to the tower as we look for our guards, they were taken. Lexa thinks it was the Azplana and in this case I wish she was right but we both feel especially uncertain about this one.

Before the last guard died he slashed X's into both of our ankles.

They don't look like any normal cuts, sure they're deep and jagged but the blood coming out of them bubbled up quickly and then scarred over. Then just like that they were healed.

Lexa and I arrive back to the tower and she calls her guards to start searching for the people that could've done this.

I decide to just head back to the room for a while seeing as Lexa is busy settling things from today.

I take out my sketchbook and begin drawing the guards from memory. They were wearing all different shades of grey, black, even dark blue. Their skin was exposed on the ankles as well as the wrists and eyes. They didn't seem like they came from anywhere near where we were, explaining the light armor they had on as well as the newly made bows and swords.

Their armor was thin on the shoulders and sides but other than that, they had no more armor on then we did. Their colors were odd and didn't blend in with the trikru surroundings further confirming they weren't from around here.

I finally finished with a sketch of the guard who etched the X's into our skin and it looked almost identical to him, except for the fact that I remembered he had almost dull looking eyes with every color of the rainbow in them. Eyes that couldn't be humanly possible to have. I have little knowledge of eyes with all my medical training but this I'm sure of.

Lexa slams open her door and I jump with the sound of it shutting, it is rare for her to show the side of her with anger and emotion to her people but they wouldn't dare mention it. She told me how she put together a group of guards in search of whoever did this and said that if they don't come back with information that she will leave In a week with them.

"I will come as well, I can't let you go alone." I state."Don't try fighting me on this, I know you're fully capable of doing this alone but it will help me feel better about this. They did go after both of us anyways."

She simply nods and I grab her hand and lead her to the balcony. She leans against the rail and I come up behind her and grab her waist, resting my head on her shoulder and I assure her that everything will be okay.

Even the strong, stoic commander has worries.

Seemingly all is calm in the world until our scars start burning in sync with each other and we fall to the ground unable to feel our legs.

Lexa in a panic reaches for my hand and squeezes it in an attempt to calm our nerves.

We groan in pain until the scars reopen and blood bubbles up to the surface forcing us to black out completely.

——————————————————————————
Hey guys I hope you enjoyed today's chapter ! Be ready for next weeks! It's very exciting!