Chapter 11

I call over one of my guards and have them get someone to take over my duties for the rest of the evening as I planned to spend my day with Clarke.

We headed into the dining hall and I had them lay out all kinds of food because I wasn't sure what Clarke liked. We ate all the food we could while Clarke talked with the nightblidas about the Polis market and different spots they like to spar in. She's always seemed fond of them, they definitely like her. She looks so happy with them, she's smiling so much and her smile is my favourite thing.

Soon we all finish eating and I send the nightblidas back with Luna and lead Clarke off to the market.

We walk through the Market stalls and see different furs, wood workings, and paintings as well as various kinds of meat. Clarke stops at one of the stalls to look at a set of canvases and paints, the trader begins insisting she should have it and she replies with "No I couldn't take that without paying."

Until I tell her it is rude not to accept gifts from the people, it is seen as a sign of disrespect.

She kindly thanks the man for the gifts and we continue walking as we are offered pieces of meat and fruits as well as many other things along the way. We are greeted and waved at by many people, including children who giggle and smile.

I lead Clarke away from the tower and command for the guards following us to stay behind.

As we walk away from the bustling Market we come to a clearing with a small waterfall surrounded by tall trees bordering the water. It's as if Clarke had forgotten who she was for a few moments and almost switches back to reality worrying about the matters she's keeping me from.

I assure her it is dealt with and we stop to rest on a rock and I lean on her shoulder to relax.

We begin endlessly talking of false futures and secrets that are close to us. She tells me stories about her "Ark" and I tell her about growing up in Polis. This continues until it's dark out.

I get up and reach my hand out to her and lead her over to a tree. She looks confused but follows anyway. I bring her to a tree I just briefly told her about and begin to climb it gesturing for her to follow. I reach my spot on the tree and lean against the sturdy wood leaving room for Clarke in front of me. She makes her way in front of me on the tree branch and I wrap my arms around her making her lean against me. I run my fingers through her hair as we look at the stars in the night sky and I place a kiss on the back of her neck. She sighs and her breathing calms as she starts to fully relax.

Clarke turns her head towards me and starts to whisper in my ear "Somethings not right." She says.

"Mh- wait I hear it too."

We climb down from the tree quietly and we hear a noise. I hand Clarke one of my swords and she takes guard at my back mirroring my movements. We wait and listen for any noise but there's nothing. We see four guards come up from different directions and I can already tell who sent them. Two arrows come flying at us and barely graze Clarke and me.

We begin to attack the guards I handle three while Clarke fights one and defects the arrows being shot at her with her sword.

She takes out her guard and comes up behind the archer plunging the sword through their back and pulling it out leaving them gurgling up blood falling to the ground.

I finish off the second guard and Clarke and I take out the last one, as I pull my sword out of his chest he takes out his knife cutting both of us with two X's which bubble up and scar over quickly.

——————————————————————————
Hey guys here's chapter 11! In honor of me getting to chapter 10 you get this extra chapter this week! I hope you like it!