Chapter 10

It's still dark when I'm woken up by Lexa squirming next to me, I turn over to see she's having a nightmare and it looks like a horrible one. I move closer to her and hold her in my arms.

"Shhh Lexa it's okay, you're safe." I coo. "I'm right here, I have you"

Her heavy breathing slows as she stirs from her unrestless sleep. She looks over at me and her expression breaks my heart, the strong willed stoic commander is nothing but a scared child in my arms.

I watch as a tear falls from her eyes and I brush it off her cheek and kiss where it fell.

I see a faint hearted smile form on her face before I ask her what her nightmare was about.

Taking a deep breath she begins to tell me.

"It was about you Clarke, every night that day plays over and over in my head making it hard for me to sleep." She admits. "I haven't slept longer than half a night since that day"

"I'm here now, I'm safe and with you. I'll be here every night if you'll have me."

"Now let's try getting some more rest before we have to train."

Lexa buries her head into my neck and we soon fall back asleep.

——————————————————————————

This time Lexa wakes me up telling me it's time to train. I see that she's already finished getting ready and I pull the furs over my head turning away from her.

"Clarke you know we have to go, the nightblidas are waiting. They're excited to meet you." She murmurs.

She reaches over to take the blanket off my head and I give in.

Getting up to get dressed I notice there's clothes laid out for me , I smile at Lexa in thanks and get dressed.

We head out of the Polis tower to the training grounds where the nightblidas and Luna wait for us.

The nightbloods are already sparring while Luna watches. Luna walks over to Lexa and they grasp forearms. I assumed Luna told Lexa her answer to her request because Lexa turned to her nightbloods and smiled.

"Kom op hir."

Lexa commands and almost instantly every nightblood gathers in front of her.

"As you may have noticed we do not have a fleimkepa or a caretaker, Luna kom floukru has offered to be both. You are to respect and listen to her just as you did titus."

They look from Luna to Lexa and back to Luna again and almost everyone runs towards her except Aden.

Aden walks over to Lexa and bows.

"Thank you Heda, we couldn't have asked for a better caretaker."

"Yu are monin aden, nau gyon au glong op others"

"Now Clarke, we should begin."

She leads me over to an open area a small distance away from where the nightbloods are training and hands me a staff.

"We will work on blocking first and fast recovery, just block me."

I ready myself, mirroring Lexa's stance and wait.

I strike first towards her right side and she blocks me with her staff. I go for her thigh and am blocked again. She strikes back into my stomach and I barely manage to push my staff against hers. She turns and hits my side and I wince, stepping away to regain control. I go left then right and hit her legs causing her to stumble and fall but as I go to help her up she pushes me down using my weight to get her up.

I laugh and playfully kick her as she comes over to help me up.

"You need a lot of training." She jokes.

"Maybe when I'm not so hungry I'll be better."

"Oh yes, we will eat right after this."

She smiles at me as we get ready to start up again.

——————————————————————————

Hey I hope you liked this chapter and since it's chapter 10 I'll be posting another one tomorrow too! So look out for that! Feel free to comment what you thought <3