Chapter 2

I watch as she walks away in disbelief, hearing the words she just spoke ringing through my head. Leaving my heart pounding in my chest, each beat stronger & faster than the last. But nonetheless, I get up and start to walk out of the healers room with Murphy following not far behind.

I walk up to one of the guards and ask them to get their Heda for me, tell her I need to speak to her about important matters.

"She had said you would ask for her, she told me to explain again that if you stay any longer the coalition will fall. I am sorry Wanheda."

I nodded walking away, there's no use in putting my people in danger because of my feelings.

——————————————————————————

I arrived back at Arkadia and the first person I see rushes towards me in a panic.

"Clarke! Clarke, what happened? Did she hurt you?" My mom assumes.

"No mom I'm fine, I just need to sleep."

"Clarke no, not until you tell me what they did to you."

"Mom, neither Lexa nor the guards caused me any harm. Now let me sleep."

I walk towards my room before she has a chance to reply.

Closing the door to my room I slump over to my bed allowing the tears I've been keeping in to slowly fall.

My heart aches at the thought of what could've happened if it was Lexa instead of me. Despite the fact she forced me to leave, I know she was hurt. I could see the pain in her eyes just by looking at them. She pushed me away because she's scared, that's what she does. Remembering how she spoke to me, I took in every word of what she said, searching for an explanation as to why she thinks she can lie to me.

The Lexa looking back at me wasn't her, it was the Heda. The Heda that shuts off the world and doesn't allow herself to feel pain.

The words she spoke to me circle through my head forcing more tears to fall down my cheeks.

My vision blurs as more tears threaten to fall. As I wipe my face clean I start to poke at my wound, wincing at the pain. I think to myself deciding if I should get up to have dinner, before I can make my mind up someone comes bursting through my door.

"Hey Clarke, wanna come to get some food with us? I think you should. I'm sure all that "hero" stuff is tiring." Raven says with a smirk.

"Do I have to?"

"Well no. You could always starve." She playfully replies.

"I'd much rather do that right now, but I guess."

"Awesome, let's go!"