Chapter 7

Clarke and I slowly walk towards the throne room.

The walk is easy and calm but I can't help but hear the commanders in my head tell me this is all wrong, all except one.

Almost like she senses it Clarke squeezes my hand and gives me a smile, well the best she can seeing as she's probably nervous as well and me worrying her doesn't do any good.

I place my other hand on top of hers and gently rub my thumb over hers, she almost seems to freeze in her steps. It's like she thinks if she moves I'll run away scared. Actually quite opposite actually.

Just the feel of her skin against mine burns with warmth, like she's what it was aching for.

She turns towards me and her eyes are overcast with the constant flickering of fire from the torches in her eyes. Her bright blue eyes glass over and my heart aches, she shows her true self in my presence, I couldn't be more humbled.

The moment was brief but calmed every nerve in my body. All at once, I was calm.

My guards opened the doors to the throne room as I threw on my serious facade stalking up to my throne.

Every ambassador from every clan as well as my guards hushed as I walked in the room.

"Ai badan op Yu en nou moun, today skaikru becomes Oso thotinon kru."
Letting them know I swore my life to them all, now including the skaikru.

"Nou bash op souda kom op gon emo, emo are ona protection kom kongeda." Clarifying that no harm should come to skaikru and skaikru shall not harm other clans.

The guards open the doors and the grounder anthem begins being sung. Everyone quiets as Wanheda enters the room, all eyes trained on her.

She stops in her steps coming to a stand in front of me.

Slowly she comes to a bow then kneels at my feet.

Roan is the first to kneel after Clarke,
and the rest of skaikru follow suit leading with Kane and Abby.

"Rise"

"Welcome Skaikru to the alliance, the leader of Skaikru shall bear the mark of the coalition."

Clarke realizes I wanted her to have the mark, but instead she gestures to Kane and he offers his forearm.

Some of my people may have disagreements but dare not speak, for worry they will be punished.

With that Octavia, Bellamy and Pike barge in holding a guard captive. Bellamy warns everyone the summit is a trap and Ivon, the ice nation representative tells them it was the skaikru who barged in with guns past them. Pike says they are right because two Skaikru are already dead.

"How have you came by this information?"

I watch as they look around in confusion seemingly looking for someone.

Kane tells them to stand down as the realization slowly comes to all their faces that they were infact set up.

Raven comes across on the radio saying that the ice nation attacked mount weather leaving only Sinclair and her left.

The Ice nation representative speaks up saying the queen did what I was too weak to do.

I declare war on the Ice nation and order for Prince Rowan to be arrested.

Telling Skaikru to head home as I worry they may be under attack next.

I see Bellamy tell Clarke he thinks it'll be best if she comes home, he says he doesn't trust me, she left us to die on that mountain he says. All he thinks is that I'll always put my people before her but she is a part of our people now. I'd protect her with my life but, the coalition must always come first. 

Clarke chooses to stay regardless of what he thinks she says she has to see that I keep up the deal.

Once everyone leaves, it's only Clarke and I left.

She walks over and stays quiet for a bit until she says "I keep asking myself, "How did the grounders know about the self destruct mechanism in mount weather?"

"We'll get the answer soon Clarke- thank you for staying."

"I stayed because it was the right thing for my people."

"Our people, Clarke."

"If you betray me again..."

"I won't"

I face her looking into her eyes and slowly bow to her,  I swear fealty to you, Clarke kom Skaikru. I vow to treat your needs as my own and your people as my people.

She reaches her hand down to me and pulls me up to stand.

Looking into my eyes she reaches out her hand and touches my cheek. So lightly but yet reassuring me she understands.

My skin buzzes with the feeling of her touch against me and I let a tear fall down my cheek.

——————————————————————————
hey guys ! I know this is a lot like the original scene but don't worry this is needed for what's about to happen ! Don't forget to vote and comment what you think !