Chapter 6

The guards and I arrived at polis, we dismounted our horses and put them away. One of the guards then led me to a room that I could stay in during the summit, they left me to get settled in as I think about what's going to happen. I'm fully aware of what the summit means for all the clans and how important it is to everyone, but I can't help but think about Lexa. Of course I'm mad she pushed me away, but I know it was for my good. She should've known I'd see right through her, but regardless of that she did it because she cares and that's what matters to me. I understand now why she thinks she can't do anything more than be heda.

I hear a knock at my door and open it to see a guard with grounder clothes and war paint to be worn for the summit. I take them from him and inspect the dress I was given.

Taking off the clothes I was wearing and exchanging it for this dress I notice that its form-fitting and opens up just above my knees, and also has a V-shaped neckline.

I pick up the glass jar given to me with war paint, but I have no idea what way to put it on or what to do with my hair. Sure I've done it a few times but none of those times were for this occasion.

Before I began to apply the paint I heard a knock at the door, assuming it was one of the guards I walked over to open it.

Starting back at me were two forest green eyes.

"Hello Clarke" She says, popping the K sound as she usually does.

My mind went blank.

The only thing I could think of saying is; "How should I apply my paint?"

"Can you help me, please?" I ask holding the jar of paint out in front of her.

She seems to faintly smile at that, taking the jar she steps closer to me scooping some black paint. Taking her finger she applies it under my eye and drags it out just above my ears, lightly taking her finger back over the paint to smudge it a bit. She then does the same with the other eye.

I watch as Lexas eyes go soft as she begins to gently trace the shape of my eye with the paint and proceeds to do the other eye.

I was about to ask her what she thinks I should do with my hair before she grabbed my hand and led me to sit on the couch, she motioned for me to turn sideways so she could get to my hair.

She starts softly brushing out the knots in my hair, then starting at the top of my head begins braiding downwards.

It was silent while she did this, but I didn't mind it. I honestly just missed having her near. Sometimes I think that if my people knew what I was thinking maybe they wouldn't think of me as such a heartless person, but I do what I have to. It keeps them safe.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Lexa put her hand on my jaw slightly turning my head to the side so she could add a tight curved braid for my war paint to blend into. Adding it to the other side too, she turns my head the opposite way except her touch was softer and sweeter now as If that was even possible. Finally, she places tiny braids all throughout my hair, clearly taking her time with each one.

"Okay looks good." She says as I watch her eyes become dead and guarded again.

I know what she's about to say and honestly I wish we could just ignore the possibilities of the summit going wrong.

"Clarke you know what's happening, but to be sure you remember, you're getting branded with the symbol of the Coalition. It is to show that Skaikru is a part of our alliance and that no harm should come to your people. Bow before me and your people will be safe."

"It will be okay Lexa, it'll go well." I say trying to reassure her as I see the slight worry in her eyes.

"I'm not worried about you Clarke, I'm worried how the clans will react. I said our people would be safe and they will, Skaikru is my people now too."

"Hey, Lexa?"

"Yes, Clarke?"

"Thank you." With that being said she nods and slightly smiles seeming to understand what I meant.

She leads me out of the room and towards the throne room.

——————————————————————————

Hey guys! This is all in Clarkes pov :) I kinda love how much Lexa said Clarkes name in the show so I tried to have her say it as much as I could without it sounding weird & I decided to wait a bit for the summit and I hope that's fine.
Anyways let me know what y'all think !