Chapter 1

I use my knee to kick Titus against the wall and quickly press my dagger into his neck. He stares back at me with disdain.

"Your begging ste not accepted." I spit.

"Please Heda, you show weakness for her. I was only doing what is best for you." he begs.

"I am more than capable of separating feelings from duty."

Before he has time to vocalize his thoughts, I kick in his side and turn him towards my tower's balcony. Lifting him up and pushing him closer to the edge.

My daggers still pressed against his neck as I mutter "Yu gonplei ste odon"
with that I kick in his knees sending him flying. 

——————————————————————————

I rush back in to see Clarke slumped against the wall with blood dripping down her shoulder. Kneeling at her side, I brush away the matted hair from her face.

"Ste Yuj Klark."

I yell for my guards to get the healer.

Clarke struggles to open her eyes, "Where's Titus?"

"Do not worry Klark, he is gone."

The healer comes bounding in with guards close behind him but hesitates at the sight of their Heda kneeled next to a helpless Clarke.

"She's been shot by Titus, take her and Murphy, do everything you can to help them. I will be there shortly after." I order.

"Yes Heda"

They carefully take Clarke and Murphy out of the room. As I shut the door; tears fall from my eyes.

How could I let this happen? I should've known Titus would do something like this. I knew he didn't approve of Clarke and I.

I wiped away my tears, now was no time to cry, I have duties to tend to.

——————————————————————————

Leaving the room I notice the trails of blood, leading to where my healers are tending to Clarke and Murphy.

I'm greeted by a group of Skai people glaring at me as I walk through the door. Some mutter curses under their breath at me, normally I'd have them punished for such things. But this is not the time for punishments, the only thing on my mind right now is Clarke.

The Healers bow to me and tell me how the Skai people insisted on coming in.

"Bilaik ste fine, bants osir."

"Sha Heda." They declare leaving the room quietly.

As I walk over to Clarke she looks up at me and I see her body relax.

"She will hate me for this." I think to myself.

"Clarke, this shouldn't have happened. I should've known he'd do something like this. Titus has always taught that love is weakness, no matter what way it's in. You should go back to your people, they need you and you know that. The coalition will still stand if you do. If you choose to wait, it will not." With that, I swiftly walk out of the healer's room before she has a chance to react.

To attempt to distract myself I go talk to the nightblidas, as soon as I see them they come running towards me with joy in their eyes and then I realize that Titus was their main caretaker.