Chapter 2

Hariette

"You clearly ignored me."

Muntikan na ako mapatalon sa pagsasara ng pinto nang makarinig nang boses na nanggagaling sa loob ng unit.

I switch the lights on. There she is, sitting comfortably in the couch. Kuntodo nakacross legs pa ito habang ninamnam yung weird na color red na juice na iniinom nito.

Is that tomato juice?

I opened the door wide and motioned it to her. "Get out!"

"Is that you're way of asking me out?" Inosenteng tanong pa nito. "I'd prefer if you'll cook for us instead."

I gaped at her. Akala nya ba niyayaya ko sya magdinner sa labas? The nerve!

"I am humbly asking you to get lost. Get out! Or I do I have to kick you out?!"

"Afraid to get caught with me?" She smirked.

"Get out!"

"No need to repeat yourself. I ignored you just fine the first time."

Tila nang-iinis pa na sumandal pa ito sa headrest ng couch. Inangat pa yung paa sa center table.

Naiiling na isinarado ko muna yung pinto. Leigh and Van are just staying next door. Pati si Sammie and Terry. I just hope walang nakakita dito kay Candice nang pumasok sya dito sa unit ni Railey.

"So, how was your date?" Tanong pa nito na akala mo close kami.

Ibinato ko lang sa tabi nito yung bag ko. She eyed it with a blank stare.

"What do you want?" Straight forward na tanong ko sa kanya. I'm sure this isn't just a random visit.

We are not even close.

"I just want to see you."

"Now, nakita mo na ako. Okay na? Pwede bang umalis ka na?" Sarkastikong sabi ko sa kanya. "Because if Alli would find out that you were here, she'll be mad at me again."

Candice isn't saying anything. Nakatingin lang ito sakin. No, nakatitig. It's as if she's memorizing my face.

Hindi nya ba ako naririnig?

"Stop it! You're annoying me. Didn't you know that it's rude to stare at someone?!"

Tumayo ito at lumapit sakin. Ako naman ay nakikiramdam lang dito. Halos mapatalon pa ako nang hawakan nya yung noo ko.

"What the fuc—"

This time ay yung ilong ko naman yung hinawakan nya.

"What are you doing?! Are you nu—"

Napailing ito bago yung labi ko naman yung tin-trace ng mga daliri nito.

I was about to say something nang umiling ito.

"I was looking for your off button. Why are you too loud?"

"What?"

"Shut your mouth for a minute,will you? I'm sensitive with noises." She says that words as if she's pleading.

No. Candice doesn't have a soft side. She's rude and emotionless.

Until that night.

Guilt overflooded me again. I destroy her. I took her innocence. And I made sure that I shattered her soul too by calling Grant's name instead of hers.

How can you act like this, Candice? We should continue hating each other. Annoying one another. It will be easy for you. And for me. Is this your way of getting back at me?