Chapter 7

Hariette

"Can I spend the night here?"

Halos ilang minuto na akong nakatayo pero hindi pa din sumasagot si Candice.

Goodness! My car is in a clear drop off only area. Pero dahil nga nakilala naman ng mga ito na si Candice yung kausap ko ay wala namang sumisita samin. It only proves na kahit papaano ay may nag-aacknowledge dito as a Silva. Grant probably ensure that her sister will get the security and privilege in here.

Candice what are you thinking? Ayaw mo ba na dumito muna ako?

But it's clear to me that she likes me. She's into me. I can feel it. I can sense it. Sa way pa lang ng pagsasalita nito. We can go on flirting. I can even bed her if I want to.

But No, I just want to stay because I am attracted to her current flame. She's lost. She needs someone to talk to right now. A cup of coffee is inviting. We can talk about a lot of things. Not just sex. I don't even think of her as such person who will hastily go to bed into someone just because of the momentum. She's rude. And real.

Naglakad ito palapit sakin matapos nang ilang minutong pag-iisip.

"Will you inform Ate Alli na dito ka matutulog?"

Natigilan ako sa tanong nito. Iyon ba talaga yung iniisip nya? Si Alliston? Kung anong iisipin o gagawin ni Alli pag hindi ako umuwi ngayon? Tapos ipapaalam ko pa kung nasaan ako?

"I am not a kid to report to her, Candice. She's not my Mom."

"But she's your girlfriend."

"I'll call her at sasabihin ko na hindi ako uuwi. Sinabi ko naman iyon sa kanya kanina. Okay na?"

Candice took deep breaths. Three quick deep breaths. She looks like battling internally too.

Pinag-iisipan pa ba talaga iyon? If you like the person, the only answer left is just yes. She's really an overthinker.

"You can stay here. But please inform Ate Alli that you'll be here so she won't worry about you."

"Bakit kailangan ko pang sabihin na dito? I can just tell that I'll be sleeping at some random hotels."

"Because she's your girlfriend. Hindi ba ganoon iyon? Ate Van is always informing Ate Leigh her whereabouts. Even Ate Terry to Ate Sammie."

"But Grant isn't doing that to Jen."

Natigilan naman ito sa sinabi ko. That's exactly right. Jen trusts Grant na hindi gagawa ng kahit ano na makakasakit dito. And I know Grant won't do that. Lalo pa at kasal na ito at si Jen. I know how deeply Grant loves her lucky wife.

They have the most stable relationship amongst the other. Sunod ay yung kina Aria at Corinne. Sobrang perfect. Nakakainis.

"It's unfair for Ate Alli. You should still tell her that you'll be here."

"Ayaw mo ba ako na dumito muna?" Nagtatampong tanong ko sa kanya.

I want to see her reaction. I want to know at to what extent she can do. Alliston is cunning. She won't just sit and do nothing. Aware si Alli kay Candice. So Candice should know how to protect herself from cunning Alliston.

If she want to take me away from Alli, she should know how to play her cards well. So I would know how I could play with her too.

She's a Silva. A half Silva isn't a bad feat. And she's good in bed. So I might keep her. She can be another Grant. And I can gloat to Alli that my fate hadn't end when Grant married her cousin. There's her sister that I can play with.